INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI/Linux driver for the QHY Polemaster, developers needed.

• Thank you received: 6
Hi Jasem

How should I configure Ekos, in order to use my Polemaster for polar-alignment?

This is my setup:
Skywatcher NEQ-6 Pro
Imaging scope: GSO RC6 with Canon 650D (FOV = 0.93° x 0.62°, FOV with 0.64x reducer = 1.45° x 0.97°)
Guide scope: TSL60D (60mm aperture, 240mm focal length) with ZWO ASI-120MM (FOV = 1.14° x 0.86°)
Polar alignment scope: QHY CCD Polemaster (FOV= 11° x 8°)

Best regards
Anders Lange
6 years 7 months ago #18683

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In this case I suggest you create an equipment profile dedicated to polar alignment routine. Select the guide scope as the polar alignment telescope, and guide camera as QHY. Then in Alignment module, select "Guide scope" and of course the guide camera and proceed.
6 years 7 months ago #18686

Hi Jasem

Thanks for the quick reply! That's also the procedure I arrived to, but it would be VERY nice if it was possible to configure more than two scopes for a single equipment profile! Would such a feature be hard to add???

A second question regarding equipment profiles and equipment configurations, is it possible to export the profiles and configuration data, so it can be imported again later i.e. after a re-install or on another device e.g. from a PC to a Raspberry Pi? It's OK if I need to do it by hand, but where do I find the correct files? An automatic import/export feature would of course be preferable...

Best regards
Anders Lange
6 years 7 months ago #18687

Yes such a feature would be difficult to add because 99% of the users have either 1 or 2 scopes for a particular setup. Support N scopes would be possible, but it's too much work for such little gain IMO. If you really feel like you want that, we welcome code submissions!

Regardsing the data, it's all stored in userdb.sqlite file located under ~/.local/share/kstars

You can move this around between computers so consider it as the export/import mechanism. There is no "merge", if you move it to another computer which already has userdb.sqlite, you have to overwrite what you have there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anders Lange
6 years 7 months ago #18688

I can see that I can actually make different scope configurations in the EQMod driver, it seems to support up to 6 different (Main + Guide scope) configurations.

It just seems to be important that the equipment profile selection of primary + guide scope matches that of Config#1 else it will be overwritten... when connecting to the equipment.

Using this approach I don't need to use different equipment profiles, which would require me to disconnect and re-connect to all my devices including the mount, when switching between the different use cases (Polar Align, Imaging without reducer, Imaging with reducer, etc.)

Would it be possible (and worth the effort) to add support for switching between these (max 6 scope configs) in the Mount tap in Ekos? It already displays the scope data for the currently selected scope config, and it updates just fine when I switch to another config in the INDI control panel. But it would be much more user friendly to be able to this from the Ekos mount tap directly! Just a suggestion ;)
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Anders Lange.
6 years 7 months ago #18689

The following user(s) said Thank You: Anders Lange
6 years 7 months ago #18708

Hi Jasem

I just updated ekos and indi from the PPA, but I can't see any change in the Ekos Mount tap... Any chance that your change in git hasn't gotten into the PPA yet?
6 years 7 months ago #18777

It will be in 2.8.2, we're just working on fixing a few bugs and then we'll make a release.
6 years 7 months ago #18782

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds