INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Inova CCD

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Olivier Masse on topic Inova CCD

Hi Ilia,

Thank you for your explanations, I will test iNova for autoguiding (ok with ASI224), planetary and solar Halpha but I do not master the acquisition in SER with EKOS. I have to work this feature.

Olivier

EDIT after tests :
It seems that it is not possible for now to record a video stream with iNova as with the UPS or I do not do what it takes. The "Live Video" button is grayed out as in the screenshots of philippe.revellat_at_free.fr.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Olivier Masse.
6 years 7 months ago #18768
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Revellat on topic Inova CCD

Hello,

The context is :
ubuntu mate 17.04
INDI Library 1.5
indi_inovaplx driver V1 (24/08/2017)
Camera i-Nova NBC-M
Kstars and Ekos,

I Try the driver in this context :
- I can connect the camera ( See attachment "main Info"),
- It seems that I can set exposure < 1 ms (The value does not appears but the small circle became green ( See attachment "main Info"),
- I can set gain and black level ( See attachment "main Info"),
- I can set all the fields of tab "Image settings" ( See attachment "Image Settings"),

I try to capture two images (the cock of a near church!!) but before I capture an image with PlxCapture in order to have a reference
- With PlxCapture (See attachments Coq-001-Image.pdf, Coq-001-Plan.pdf, Coq-001-Visu.pdf,)
- With INDI , Coq-001 with the same parameters (See attachments Coq-001-INDI-Image.png, Coq-001-INDI-ImageSettings.png, Coq-001-INDI-MainControl.png , )
- With INDI , Coq-002 with an exposure of 1 s (See attachments Coq-002-INDI-Image.png, Coq-002-INDI-ImageSettings.png, Coq-002-INDI-MainControl.png , ).
The images are cut and I am not sure that setting the parameters change really the parameter of the camera.
Philippe .
6 years 7 months ago #18776
  • Thank you received: 28

Replied by Ilia on topic Inova CCD

Hello Philippe,
this may be an usb bandwidth issue: the PLC-M/NBC-M have sync issues in libusb versions of the SDK also. I think it's not a problem of the driver itself, but of the SDK.
I'd like to get a feedback from a CCD or Aptina user of these cameras (PLA/PLB-C2/PLB-Mx and PLB-Cx/PLB-Mx2) and compare the various results.
The INDI driver reads always at 12bits, so high framerate is not to be expected right now. Short and very short exposures are available BTW.
Best Regards,
Ilia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revellat
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Ilia.
6 years 7 months ago #18790

Hello Platone,

Thank you for this information. I wait for the results with other iNova Camera.

Philippe
6 years 7 months ago #18809
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Olivier Masse on topic Inova CCD

Hi,

I tried capturing with iNova (PLB-Mx2).
On focusing module all is ok. I can adjust gain and exposure from 0,001 to many seconds (image_1.jpg).
But on capturing module, the first preview considers the gain manually adjusted (image_02.jpg), but not next, and so the image is satured (image_03.jpg).

Olivier
6 years 7 months ago #18833
Attachments:

Hi,
I think that the behavior is the same for iNova PLB-Mx2 than for NBC-M : exposure, gain and probably black level.
I do some new test with my NBC-M iNova caméra :
- Capture with an exposure of 3 mS see attachement "coq-3mS.png
- Capture with an exposure of 1 mS see attachement "coq-1mS.png : no difference between the two images -> exposure setting = KO
- setting ROI to 800X600 exposure not modified. See attachement coq-ROI-800-600.png -> ROI setting = OK
- setting Bining to 2 (x) and 2 (y) exposure not modified. See attachement coq-ROI-binning-2-2.png -> saturation setting binning probably OK
6 years 6 months ago #19231

Hello,
I update very often Kstars and INDI server. Each time I hope to have a correct driver for my i-Nova Camera and each time I have not.
When do you think the i-Nova driver will be OK ? M42 said me the driver will be ok for 1 july. I wait for it to capture image with Kstars and my i-Nova camera.
6 years 5 months ago #20407

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Inova CCD

INova driver is already included with INDI now, what's the problem?
6 years 5 months ago #20417

Hello,

Today i try one time more time i.nova driver. Changing exposure time, gain and black level has no effect. The captured image remain the same (see attachment).

Yes the i.Nova driver is included into INDI but it is not usable :
- Setting the time exposure command has no effect : An image is captured, but the time exposure do not change,
- the gain command has no effect,
- the black level command has no effect,
- the image is not correct (divided in two parts).
6 years 5 months ago #20441
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 7

Replied by Thomas Jäger on topic Inova CCD

Hi Forum,
today I tried my I-Nova PLA-MX mono to work with INDI with no success.
The driver crashed immidiately, see log. Is there a solution? My ASI and Moravian
work fine. I use Linux Mint 18.2 with recent INDI System (PPA).

Thomas
6 years 3 months ago #21831
Attachments:

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Inova CCD

Please try to update again, there was build problem yesterday that was only solved 6 hours ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Jäger
6 years 3 months ago #21839
  • Thank you received: 7

Replied by Thomas Jäger on topic Inova CCD

Hello Jasem,
thanks for your reply. I have updated my system now and the situation is unchanged.
Any hints or should I forget this cam.
Thomas
6 years 3 months ago #21842
Attachments:
Time to create page: 1.479 seconds