INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

getting colour with ZWO ASI224MC

• Thank you received: 0
Hi every one,

I am trying to get my Asi224mc work with Indi and Kstars on my RPi3. Everything works fine, except I only get black and white images or wrong colors. I may be using wrong settings in Indi, as colors are correct when I use OACapture on the same device.
Has anyone experienced such kind of issues? What is the right setting to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
6 years 11 months ago #15752

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Post captured FITS where the colors are "wrong" and the "correct" colors you expected. What format did you use?
6 years 11 months ago #15753

Thank you for your quick reply. I will post FITS as soon as I can get to my RPi.
6 years 11 months ago #15755

• Thank you received: 32
Does the FITS viewer debayer images?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 11 months ago #15757

Yes FITS Viewer debayer images. I tried yesterday with ASI and the colors looked OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill
6 years 11 months ago #15788

• Thank you received: 32
Well that's pretty damn cool.
6 years 11 months ago #15789

Hi,
here is a picture with bad colors shot with indi.
6 years 11 months ago #15856
Attachments:

And here is a sample with better colors, shot with oaCapture.
There is definitely something I do wrong, but I don't know what.
6 years 11 months ago #15857
Attachments:

It looks like it is over-exposed. Can you take a 0.1 seconds exposure in RGB24 and check the difference?
6 years 11 months ago #15877

Here are a few additonal samples with different exposure times. The colors are purple compared to the actual ones and I got a strange result when
I set exposure to 1ms, then back to 10ms. The colors are even duller (almost black and white) with liveview.

I also noticed issues with the liveview function when I played with the exposure time. With some exposure times (I think it is with short exposure times, but I need to check again), the images shows big blocks, then, when I set the exposure time back to an acceptable value, the blocks are still there.

Matthieu

[EDIT] OK, here's how it seems to behave when I change the exposure time.
After changing the exposure and starting the live video, the exposure is not changed on the image. I have to stop live video, then make preview. When I start live video again, the exposure of the image is corrected after one second.
If I make a preview after changing the exposure time, the preview shows an image which looks like overexposed. After several previews (3-6), the image is correct, and when I start live video, the exposure is correct after about a second.

Note that I managed to get an almost-right colored image (not with live video, though) by tweaking the WB-B and WB-R parameters. However, if I modify the Gamma, the color balance has to be done again.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by fossat.
6 years 11 months ago #15933
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 28
I have the same camera and have similar colour issues. Could you post your best choices of WB-B, WB-R and gamma? Thanks.
6 years 10 months ago #16840

• Thank you received: 139
Were any of you able to get this fixed? What settings did you end up with? I'm trying to use the camera for guiding, but having issues with it displaying properly in the preview.
6 years 1 week ago #24329

Time to create page: 1.021 seconds