INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MacOS and Webcam

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

Please forgive me if this topic has been covered already but I would like to use my webcam through INDI. I have only seen instances of this under Linux using the Video4Linux service. I am using a MacBook Pro. I'm happy enough getting a homebrew up and running and compiling from scratch if necessary.

Is there any reason why I could not make a very basic ccd driver with the allowsStreaming option enabled in the Class? I only want to stream an image for guiding purposes.

Would welcome comments and advice on this topic!

Best Regards

Andrew
6 years 8 months ago #18126

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic MacOS and Webcam

Guiding does not require streaming and actually does not use streaming at all. I don't know how to interface with webcams under Mac, so if someone with programming knowledge can add an interface to support this, then we'll happily incorporate it in INDI. Don't know what's the equivalent, if any, is available on Mac.
6 years 8 months ago #18127

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic MacOS and Webcam

Just found this old forum when looking at some other things. Do note, that I created a driver for this purpose last June. INDI_WEBCAM_CCD. It will work with most webcams on OSX that are supported by the system including even the FaceTime Camera. It also supports using iPad, iPhone cameras over IP.
5 years 3 months ago #32879

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds