INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

All images empty with QHY163M (and MacOS)

• Thank you received: 5
I recently moved from my Canon 7D Mark II to a new QHY163M. To make it accessible to INDI I have to force firmware upload before launching KStars (I do this by momentarily connecting the camera to QHYCCD's EzCap - I disconnect and quit EzCap before launching KStars).
After the firmware is loaded, INDI server recognizes the camera through the indi_qhy driver, connects to it and shows appropriate properties. I can change all parameters, take a Preview or shoot images through the scheduler. The images are downloaded correctly and quickly (USB3 - download takes less than a second), however all pixels have a zero value, independently of exposure time and binning mode. The fact that download is so fast may sound suspicious, but it isn't. This camera is very fast and can potentially work at many frames per second in 4K mode. With AstroImager (CloudMakers) I obtained 0.85 frames per second at full resolution in single frame mode.
So the camera works, cable works. I tried it with AstroImager under MacOS and with SGP under Windows/ASCOM without any issue. Changed cable, USB port, still the same issue, fully black images.
Is anybody having the same issue?
I have tested all 2.8.x releases of KStars with MacOS Sierra. The logs (one sample attached) don't report anything suspicious (to me).
6 years 6 months ago #20047
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds