INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Raspberry Pi Camera Module - Indi

• Thank you received: 10
I apologize, I just noticed how old this thread is and what I think your actual question is. If you are trying to unpack a raw file, take a look at
github.com/jdhill-repo/indi-picamera/blo...er/indi_picamera.cpp lines 870 to 900. I can't remember exactly where I got the format. Hope this helps.
3 years 10 months ago #53924

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you for working on the driver! It's 16bit actually. You can see in setupParameters() function that it's sending 16 to SetCCDParams() function.
3 years 10 months ago #53942

• Thank you received: 12

Its me that is sorry, I didn't realize this either. I thought it was for the new 12Mp high quality camera that uses the imx477 chip, that is what I am working on anyway.

I did not know about your indi_raspicam before I started coding, even though I did search around quite a bit. I think your solution is simpler to implement by just calling raspiraw,
but sadly raspiraw does not seem to work with the new 12Mp camera.

Regards, Lars
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lars Berntzon.
3 years 10 months ago #53948

Please remove this post
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lars Berntzon.
3 years 10 months ago #53963

• Thank you received: 10
Support was added to raspiraw for the Sony IMX477 in the last few days, but I have not updated my fork that is on my github page. Since my driver is hard-coded from the V2 camera, if the V2 specific constants were changed, it may work with the HQ. These are RAWBLOCKSIZE, ROWSIZE, HPIXELS, VPIXELS. Also, the mode that is requested in the raspiraw command.

I have a HQ camera ordered and cannot test until it arrives. My goal is to have the driver use both the V2 and HQ.

If you have a link to what you have worked on, I would be interested in seeing it.
3 years 10 months ago #53965

Ok, interesting. I did down load the raspiraw from github and ran, but it failed because it was trying to access /dev/i2c-0, I tried to use /dev/i2c-1 also but no success.
My code is on github.com/lboclboc/indi_raspistill/
/Lars
3 years 10 months ago #53985

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds