INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Repository/Packages for Fedora, Source for Atik?

• Thank you received: 41
Hi,

I created some packages for Fedora, you can get them at my Repositoy at OBS build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:cdersch:INDI Right now there are only the basic INDI library, KStars and astrometry.net. For the astrometry index files you can download the deb files and convert them to rpm using alien. The 3rdparty drivers will follow within the next time, I want to establish this repository as the Fedora counterpart to the Ubuntu PPA :)

Can anyone tell me how to get access to the atikccd source? The rpms from the homepage do not work (looks like they were made with alien), so they have to be compiled at a Fedora system.

As I am an official Fedora developer, I want to get as much packages as possible into the official repositories, but this needs more time (license checks for firmware and so on). Maybe rpmfusion is an alternative for non free parts (firmware etc.)

Greetings,
Christian
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Christian. Reason: typo
9 years 10 months ago #1211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Christian, unfortunately ATIK driver is not available in source code due to hardware vendor NDA. You are right, RPM packages are produced on Debian but it seems they do work with RedHat. What's wrong on Fedora?

Peter
9 years 10 months ago #1212

The binaries are linked against libnova 0.14, which is not available on Fedora and Redhat-like systems like CentOS. At Fedora 20 we have version 0.13, at the EPEL repository for Redhat Enterprise/Centos 6 libnova 0.12. Other libraries seem the match the versions at least on Fedora 20.

Is it possible to get access to the code after getting an NDA? Then I have to compile the stuff at my computer and distribute only the binaries, but this would be ok too. Another solution would be a libnova 0.14 in my repository. Do you know if 0.14 is backwards compatible to 0.13?

Christian
9 years 10 months ago #1213

Added a compatibility package libnova014 to the repository, now Atik works fine with Fedora :) This weekend I will (start to) package the 3rd-party drivers for the repository :)

Christian
9 years 10 months ago #1242

Time to create page: 1.104 seconds