INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SBIG CCDs issue

• Thank you received: 1

SBIG CCDs issue was created by Guido Bosco

Trying to evaluate Ekos, it impressed me but i have an issue with two SBIG ccds … an ST8XME and ST2000XM. The issue is the same.

Taking a sub, every type, BIAS,LIGHT or DARK i have some horizontal band artifacts only when cooling is active. This strange phenomenon never happens when using other acquisition platforms and software based on Windows. I can exclude camera problems, it is affecting both cameras and only on Ubuntu (last version) Ekos+Kstars.

I dindn't find a solution ...
5 years 10 months ago #26449

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic SBIG CCDs issue

Can you post a link to sample FITS files where this happens? For the INDI FITS vs. the Windows FITS
5 years 10 months ago #26451

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic SBIG CCDs issue

I think you should try a couple of experiments to rule out other possible causes.. You already ruled out the camera, but there are still too many sources for what the cause could be. You could connect the camera to your windows computer, run it using ASCOM and use WINDI to run an INDIServer on Windows serving up that camera for KStars. Then run KStars for Windows and connect to it and take a picture. Do you get the same banding effect? That way you can rule out another variable.

In a similar vein, you might try running the camera on Ubuntu, connecting to it with Windows KStars, and the other way around, running the Camera in ASCOM/Windi and connecting to it from Ubuntu KStars. Also, are the Ubuntu and Windows computers the same one or is it a different computer? If they are different computers, there is another variable that must be ruled out. This way hopefully you can find out whether the issue is the machine, the operating system, ASCOM vs INDI, or KStars on Ubuntu or Windows.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 10 months ago #26463

Replied by Guido Bosco on topic Re:SBIG CCDs issue

I didn't save last time.

I gonna take and upload some new subs.
5 years 10 months ago #26467

Replied by Guido Bosco on topic Re:SBIG CCDs issue

Updated Ekos. Problem disappeared.

Maybe last version some compatibility issue with my laptop ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 9 months ago #26722

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds