INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY broken with new release (indi-1.7.4), kstars/ekos (2.9.7)

I can confirm that on armhf systems, QHY library has linking issues. Still investigating...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Jerry Black
5 years 5 months ago #30413

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
Gonzo, I've had issues with my QHY5 for a looong time. It did work perfectly years ago with an old driver called qhy-old until it has been removed. My QHY5 didn't behave reasonably ever since. Lock-ups, no video, all sorts of weird issues. Finally, I bought a cam from a different manufacturer and had no issues anymore. Now I read you have lock-ups like I had many moons ago. This IMO is just ridiculous. They don't get their act together as far as software is concerned and I can't see how something like this is going to survive in the market longer term.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 5 months ago #30457

• Thank you received: 69
May i ask which camera you chose to replace it?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Jerry Black.
5 years 5 months ago #30459

• Thank you received: 161
I bought an ASI camera and my impression was such that I bought another one a few weeks later. It's a 294 Pro for deep sky and a 294 for guiding. The 294 definitely is overkill for guiding but on the other side you'll never ever again struggle to find a guide star. Never! With Indi/Ekos I have never experienced ANY issues with any of these cameras. My QHY5 has disappeared in the bottom drawer. You can have it for 20 Euros, seriously.
5 years 5 months ago #30461

• Thank you received: 223
I agree that in the past, I had no issues with the QHY5 but now it's a different story. Thinking about selling it really, will replace it with a Zwo camera. Maybe for Christmas.
Do not want to be let down in my automation due to the QHY5.
5 years 5 months ago #30467

Appears QHY reintroduced a bug that was fixed in an earlier SDK, so I contacted them for a fix. Stay tuned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Andrew, Wouter van Reeven, Jerry Black
5 years 5 months ago #30468

There is a new QHYSDK release now that should fix this issue. It's in GIT now and should land in nightly later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Wouter van Reeven, Jerry Black
5 years 5 months ago #30508

• Thank you received: 226
Will this fix the issues with the camera becoming unresponsive when capture is aborted, or is this going to fix the issues with it crashing while connecting to the driver in the first place?
Both are issues, the former was pre-existing, the latter only appeared recently.
5 years 5 months ago #30521

• Thank you received: 420
I guess it is a matter of trying out. For me I hope that the QHY9 filter wheel starts working again under Linux. Fingers crossed :silly:
5 years 5 months ago #30547

• Thank you received: 420
Unfortunately the QHY9 filter wheel still doesn't work properly. The very first time I connected the camera and filter wheel it did work. Changing to a different filter actually made the filter wheel turn. But after three or four changes the filter wheel stopped responding again. I restarted KStars and reconnected Ekos but to no avail. The filter wheel is completely unresponsive again.

Jasem, perhaps I could talk to QHY directly and ask them for support for my old QHY9 camera. Could you help me contact them or do you prefer to do that yourself?
5 years 5 months ago #30586

I relayed your concern to QHY, hopefully they can investigate the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 5 months ago #30589

• Thank you received: 19
I jumped on the QHY forum to point out the challenges we've been having with their driver and asked them what their commitment is to Linux, in particular INDI. Perhaps those of us with QHY devices can add their thoughts on that thread. We're probably a small part of their overall market, but every little bit helps. (I did it as nicely as I could in case you are wondering ... ;)

jmh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Wouter van Reeven
5 years 5 months ago #30594

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds