INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot AutoGuider Pro - Connection Problem

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

im tring to put to work the Orion Starshoot AutoGuider Pro camaera on INDI (StellarMate) for guide, the first test show the mesage like: cam not detected, turn on?, I look on the web and find the following resources:

This tells that this family (only the basic?) it´s suported:
github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/wiki/CameraSupport

I follow that procedure,
github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/issues/496

changing the ID that lsusb comand give me for the camera that its diferent...
I add this lines to 85-qhy.rules
ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="29a2", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME} -s /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5LOADER.HEX"

right now when I chosse the QHY5 in PHD2 or QHYCCD in KStars, it looks like the cam is working, But i cant get images from that...

some ideas of what can i do?
5 years 6 months ago #29826

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just added INDI SSAG driver developed by Peter. It's in the nightly PPA for testing, you can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install indi-ssag

Then select "Orion Starshoot" in the CCD selection. Check if that works better than the QHY driver.
5 years 6 months ago #29895

• Thank you received: 1
Just tested this with my SSAG Pro, camera won’t connect. I was excited, was going to use my SSAG Pro in place of my ZWO guide cam until the dueling ZWO camera issue is resolved, but no dice.. Can I assume this driver works with the SSAG only, but not the Pro version as the OP was looking for?
5 years 6 months ago #29921

Any useful output from the driver about the issue? This driver was developed by Peter so I have zero experience in it. For the "two ZWO" cameras.. I believe it is a different issue now and I'm working on it.
5 years 5 months ago #29948

• Thank you received: 1
I tried both the SSAG and SSAG Pro with this driver, KStars running on stellarmate. Couldn’t get either camera to connect. Both guide cams were tested with no their euipment attached to stellarmate. Are there log files I could produce for you that might help with this?
5 years 5 months ago #29953

• Thank you received: 226
I can connect to my ORion SSAG with the QHY CCD Driver. It fails to connect with the new Orion Starshoot driver.
5 years 5 months ago #29956

well, we need it more data.. I don't have Orion SSAG, but I've just added Peter driver to the PPA.
5 years 5 months ago #29960

Jasem: Perhaps I can make my raspberry pi with the QHY SSAG available to you via teamviewer to test the new driver?
5 years 5 months ago #29999

That would work as well.
5 years 5 months ago #30021

I am preparing an SD card for you to test with on my Pi remotely. I will PM you the credentials when it's ready.
5 years 5 months ago #30385

• Thank you received: 2
I'm curious to know how this issue was resolved. I have a SSAG and SSAGP. I can only connect the SSAG using the QHY driver and not the SSAG driver. I haven't tried connecting the SSAGP using either driver yet.
4 years 11 months ago #38197

I still use the QHY driver. It works properly now. At the time I was hopeful the SSAG driver would remedy a fault that occured when an exposure was aborted in the QHY driver. That fault was eventually patched.
4 years 11 months ago #38199

Time to create page: 1.093 seconds