INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPhoto CCD - CCD Information entered incorrectly

• Thank you received: 1
When setting up The GPhoto driver for the first time, I incidentally exchanged the values for width and height. The result is that in the EKOS - Kstars CCD & Filterwheel settings tab the maximum value for width I can set is the (wrong) height value. The result is that all my images come out square with equal width and height.

Even with the correct values set in the INDI Image info for the camera, the width value in Kstars returns to the wrong value as soon as I hit the Preview button or start a series of images.

How (and where) can I delete or change the initially entered incorrect values to rectify this problem?

Kind regards
Bert
Windows 10 64-bit with remote access to Embedded Raspberry PI 3 with Ubuntu Mate 16.04.3 LTS and KStars 2.9.8, Skywatcher HEQ5 PRO, Robtics 80mm F7 doublet apochromaat refractor + CentralDS CDS-600DII
5 years 5 months ago #30075

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Settings --> Configure KStars --> Ekos --> Capture --> Clear DSLR Info.

In KStars v3.0.0 there is a "trash" icon next to the camera to restore the settings, but assuming on you're on the stable release then the above method would work.
5 years 5 months ago #30076

Unfortunately the solution has had no effect. The maximum width I can set is 3516 and than the increase button is grayed out.
The images show the Camera setting in Image Info and the EKOS - KStars CCD & Filter Wheel settings

My KStars version is 2.9.8
Windows 10 64-bit with remote access to Embedded Raspberry PI 3 with Ubuntu Mate 16.04.3 LTS and KStars 2.9.8, Skywatcher HEQ5 PRO, Robtics 80mm F7 doublet apochromaat refractor + CentralDS CDS-600DII
5 years 5 months ago #30086
Attachments:

Try clicking on the "Reset" button.. does it change anything?
5 years 5 months ago #30087

Wow, that is fast! It almost feels like a chat.
Clicking the reset button does not change the values, unless I first lower them to other values. Then they return to W: 3516 H: 3465
5 years 5 months ago #30089

Ok, so please "Clear DSLR" info again, and then delete any config file.
rm ~/.indi/GPhoto*

then restart KStars and see how that goes.
5 years 5 months ago #30090

After restarting KStars the settings in the CCD & Filterwheel tab show zero's for W & H.
But as soon as I set the image info to the correct values, the settings change to 3516 x 3456
the last value 3456 can be slightly increased to 3465 but the width still is stuck at max. 3516.
5 years 5 months ago #30091

Did you get a popup asking you to enter the camera width & height and pixel size?
5 years 5 months ago #30092

I do not remember a popup, but I got a red warning in the INDI COntrol Panel to set the camera values.
5 years 5 months ago #30093

Ok then something is probably off in KStars userdb.sqlite database. You probably need to open the database ~/.local/share/kstars/userdb.sqlite using SQLite viewer and remove the table 'dslr' and then try again.
5 years 5 months ago #30101

Yes, that did the tric.
I also know now how easy it is to make the mistake. The dialog does not show where to put width and height. Only when you hover over the label long enough it says wxh. In my documentation about the camera the height was given before the width in a vertical table.

Thanks very much for your help!
5 years 5 months ago #30105

Time to create page: 0.784 seconds