INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon not connecting

• Thank you received: 74

Replied by Clive Stachon on topic Canon not connecting

Indi is recognising your camera - it said so in the log. Are you up todate on Indi/Kstars version wise ?

Do you use Bleeding edge version of Kstars/Indilib ?

Did you try and get Gphoto command line to take a simple image - what was the result ? If it failed run the same command with debugging on - it may shine the light on the problem.

As the camera IS being recognised by Indi I think you need to switch on verbose logging on ALL subjects even if you dont use them.

My gut feeling is :

1. Something is still connecting to the Camera hence Indi can see it but doesn't connect - should appear in one of the logs or in the Indi Satus bar if you manually connect (i.e. switch off auto connect)

2. Your camera settings are wrong before it connects which although the camera is being found it is failing to connect - check camera Res,etc settings in the camera configuration file. Its not like Windows software (APT etc) which puts in the details for you - Yo are probably aware of tha but just saying :-)

3. Your camera isn't supported in the version of IndiLib you have loaded so it knows its a Canon Camera via the DEV signature but the ID of the 200D isn't set up yet - hence I asked if you are using "Bleeding edge" - if not try it - notes on forum.

Think you need more expertise so hopefully one of the developers might help - hope you get sorted - its worth it - I took 12mths to sort my problem out with my 100d - and it was with a setting on the camera NOT Indi LOL. Clear Skies

DOES ANY ELSE USE a 200d with Indilib - question to other members ??????
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Dingley
5 years 5 months ago #31172

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark Dingley on topic Canon not connecting

@stash what can I say but thank you, just went through updating Kstars and INDI and all now appears to be working ok, camera connects and apart from Kstars crashing a couple of times it now appears to be working ok. Just need to get my head around how it all works ready for a clear night to try it out.

Cheers
5 years 5 months ago #31179

• Thank you received: 74

Replied by Clive Stachon on topic Canon not connecting

I did a lot of dry runs runs during the day till I go my workflow right for me :-)

Glad its working - need any more help lets us know - i will try my best -clear skies !
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 5 months ago #31182

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds