INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New INDI Atik driver - Feedback requested

• Thank you received: 174

Run INDIGO server with indigo_ccd_atik and indigo_ccd_iidc drivers, run Ekos, create new profile, select remote type and enter localhost as the address.

Peter
5 years 2 months ago #33525

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Or you could try just manually writing the name of the indigo driver into the corresponding ekos profile box, and it will find them as they are located in same folder as INdI drivers, that may work..
5 years 2 months ago #33527

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks to Peter and AstroNerd for the help. I managed to start Ekos using the INDIGO drivers for the Atik One CCD and Atik GP. Both cameras work and the filter wheel is behaving correctly. However, I am still running into problems:

1) The guiding section of Ekos doesn't show up. Is the GP not recognised as a guiding camera (using indigo_ccd_iidc driver)? Do I need another driver?
2) The Align section (I used the INDIGO Telescope Simulator for now) won't work. I would like to use the EqMod telescope driver with a synscan mount but there doesn't seem to be (a stable) one in INDIGO. Can you run INDI EqMod and INDIGO CCD drivers side by side? If so, how?

Jasem, I tested the INDI Atik driver in the nightly build. The 2nd filter wheel position is not skipped anymore. However, now KStars crashes when I try to change the filter wheel position from position 5. The filter names still cannot be changed. I get [ERROR] Error updating names of filters. after hitting Set in the INDI Control Panel.
5 years 2 months ago #33529

Ok I believe I found the issue for the crash. Please check nightly again tomorrow. For updating names error. Please remove the camera config file in ~/.indi directory and try again.
5 years 2 months ago #33537

• Thank you received: 174

INIDGO, unlike INDI, creates different devices for different purposes. You will probably find "Atik GP" device for camera itself and "Atik GP (guider)" for its guiding port, you can use them independently. You need to select first one as camera and second one as guider in Ekos. The same apply for "Atik One" and "Atik One (wheel)", there are two independent logical device too for a single physical unit.

SynScan driver (and also alignment model) made a huge progress during last couple of weeks, but binary package is not created yet. You can either checkout INDIGO from GitHub and compile from source (github.com/indigo-astronomy/indigo) or you can run INDI EqMod driver (or any other INDI driver), just prefix it with -i switch on a command line. This instruct indigo_server to load executable instead of dynamic library and to use legacy INDI protocol. I can't recommend this approach for e.g. CCD drivers as far as legacy INDI protocol is really a disaster from performance point of view, but it doesn't matter too much for mount driver.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
5 years 2 months ago #33540

Ok I just received confirmation from Atik that they will support the Atik GP in their SDK shortly, so stay tuned for the official support!
5 years 2 months ago #33572

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks Jasem for the feedback. I will keep my eyes open for INDI Atik GP support.

I checked out the nightly build which stopped the crashing of KStars. However, taking images with the Atik One results in an „IDLE“ situation. Preview is working fine though.

I guess I stick with the INDIGO Atik drivers and the INDI EQMod driver. That seems to solve all my problems for now. Thanks Peter for the help.

Simon
5 years 2 months ago #33577

• Thank you received: 375
I think there's an issue with Atik EFW driver. I use Atik EFW2, which can handle 9 filters. The driver limits number of slots only to 5 (hardcoded limit?). I assume that the filter wheel lets a user to use various filter carousels i.e. with various number of filter slots (5-7-9). Why don't we let a user configure it in Options tab?
Another issue is that I cannot change a filter at all. Filter slot status is just busy forever. When config is reloaded filter # is set to 129.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 1 month ago #34650

• Thank you received: 104
Sometime I also get this error with position 129, it was always present, also with the previous version of the driver.
For me this occur when the wheel is powered before the computer. This may cause some initialization problem.

A simple solution I use in this case is to stop the Indi server, remove the power from the EFW2 but not the usb, plug the power again, wait it finish to turn before to restart Indi server. After that I can use the 7 filters without problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 1 month ago #34655

Thanks for the hint. I have just tried this approach. Doesn't work for me.
I have looked into the sources. It is hardcoded in the latest version. I will try to find some time for a review and pull request. Unless somebody (let me guess who) will be quicker to do this change in the meantime ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 1 month ago #34657

• Thank you received: 104
It is interesting if we can trace this problem but I not see anything hardcoded in the driver.
The max position is returned by ArtemisEFWNmrPosition() and the current position (the 128+1) by ArtemisEFWGetPosition(), so the problem is in the Atik library or the efw itself.
Maybe adding some debug print may help to understand the problem.
5 years 1 month ago #34677

Yes, you're right Patrick. I was too quick with conclusion. I took #define MAX_DEVICES 4 as a hardcoded number of filter slots, which is not the case.
I haven't encountered this behavior before. I will give it another try with debug on.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
5 years 1 month ago #34682

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds