INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik 314 : dead

• Thank you received: 223
So, let's add some salt on the wound and more chilli while we're at it...
My Atik 314L no longer works since trying the new indi-atik driver, I can say that as the camera worked perfectly fine since day one I got it and running under the CloudMakers driver.

What I had to do, and this is a pain the back side for me... had to borrow a Windows laptop (yuk... I hate Windows OS).
Installed all the software from Atik, plugged in the camera to check.
Now, the camera is recognised, the cooler works fine, but any capture returns a blank (I would say greyed out) picture, not matter what I try.
As in: short exposure, long exposure, block off the telescope, open the telescope (to get light in).

:( :( :( :(
5 years 4 months ago #32763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Atik 314 : dead

ok ok ok,,,, let's not jump to conclusion but.... I have done an apt-get update/upgrade

And thought, yeah let's try again the camera... and what do I see, the usual snowy picture, which is a good sign, maybe?
5 years 3 months ago #32783
Attachments:

spoke too soon....

took another picture and it's back to square one....
5 years 3 months ago #32784
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Atik 314 : dead

Is the camera connected to the Odroid or is the Camera connected to your Mac laptop? Also was the screen shot taken of Kstars on the Odroid, or KStars on the Mac 2.9.8 or 3.0.0beta? If the camera is connected to the Odroid, then I don't know anything about it, but if you have it directly connected to your Mac, I can share a little information. If it was on the Mac 2.9.8, then the Atik driver inside the app bundle is the Cloudmakers driver. If it is on the Mac using 3.0.0 beta, then it is using the new Atik INDI driver. But if you have the camera connected to the Odroid, then none of this is relevant.

I hope your camera is ok!

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 3 months ago #32786

Also, I am wondering if the issue is Firmware on the camera? I have done some work over the last year or so on successfully getting DSI, SBIG, Apogee, and Fishcamp cameras to work in KStars on Macs. 9 times out of 10, issues like what you are describing were caused by incorrect firmware being loaded on the camera. I'm not guaranteeing this is the issue, but it is an idea.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 3 months ago #32788

I use Kstars/Ekos on the Mac, connecting over the network to the observatory. Nothing gets plugged in to the laptop at all, it's all remote.
Reading the indi-atik thread again it seems that the 20181123 version I'm using isn't correct.
www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/4209-ne....html?start=48#32706

I'm starting to think that the incorrect firmware has been sent into the camera and it's now buggered.
I shall wait for the next version of the driver, but I have a massive issue, shall I take the camera home with me to have it checked by Atik themselves or leave it here and hope that the new driver will work... decisions decisions.

Jasem contacted me over Google Hangouts, there is a new version which has been compiled, I shall wait until it's available on the PPA.

I heard on some other forums I use to visit, about similar story and wrong firmware being uploaded that can screw up things.
5 years 3 months ago #32789

Can you upload the correct firmware to the camera?
5 years 3 months ago #32791

BREAKING NEWS... It's alive :woohoo:

So, how did that happened you may ask.... well, I have to tinkle a little bit and bastardise the installation.
I pulled the latest indi git, compiled libatik and copied manually the .so file to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
and changed the symlink
rm libatikcameras.so.2
ln -s libatikcameras.so.2.1.0 libatikcameras.so.2

# ll libatik*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Nov 23 22:07 libatik.so -> libatik.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Nov 23 22:07 libatikcameras.so -> libatikcameras.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Dec 20 10:57 libatikcameras.so.2 -> libatikcameras.so.2.1.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2921292 Nov 23 22:07 libatikcameras.so.2.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9093276 Dec 20 10:55 libatikcameras.so.2.1.0

strikeout: seems that this symlink wasn't removed.
In bold, this is the most interesting part, check out the size of the so file, the new one is almost 3 times the size.

Now, after all of this, and as I wasn't able to compile indi-atik (see the indi-atik thread) I thought, let's give it a go...
And voila...

30 second exposure, cooler on and set to 0.
This is what I'm expecting to see, picture was taken with the observatory closed (it's raining at the moment).
5 years 3 months ago #32808
Attachments:

And it's back to dead....

5 years 3 months ago #32809
Attachments:

I have contacted Atik, and I need to send them the camera for investigation and probably repairs.
5 years 3 months ago #32811

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Atik 314 : dead

So are you saying that the Indi software has damaged your camera.. :ohmy: :ohmy:
As it just looks like an unstretched image to me..
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 3 months ago #32843

It may have or may have not, who knows. And it is not an unstretched image.
I will send it back to Atik for investigation, I will post the results here. That will be early to mid January as they are closing for Christmas season.
5 years 3 months ago #32844

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds