INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY9 Temperature control

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Folks,

The temperature control doesn't seem to be working on my qhy9 under Ekos (Ubuntu Mate 16.04, Rasp Pi B+)
After connection, if I set temperature to -20 it puts the power at full 100% which is bad for the camera. In any case, after turning it off and back on, it doesn't see, to read the temperature or the cooler power. It just stays "stuck" at the last temperature read, and it doesn't update until I switch the cooler off. Usually by then it overshot the cooling way off.

On a separate, non related issue, the entire Kstars program seems to be crashing a lot. I can see the INDi servers still running in the background.
Anything I can do to make it work?
5 years 3 months ago #33270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Vlad on topic QHY9 Temperature control

I have reposted this under the appropriate QHYSDK 4.0.1 thread, since it appears this is a bug in the software as other users have reported.
5 years 3 months ago #33275

1. Please provide the verbose logs.
2. For the crash. Describe if you can replicate it. Also, If you can, run it via gdb and send the backtrace
5 years 3 months ago #33284

Hello

Attached to logs produced by Ekos. The behaviour, in short is this:

Temperature setpoint is set from the main Ekos window (but keeping an eye on the indi controller in the background). The sensor temperature is displayed correctly, but not updated.
After clicking "set" (the button next to the temperature box), the cooler automatically sets to ON, and the cooling power is up to 100% (this is already dangerous for the camera).
We're still seeing the initial temperature, not updating.
Clicking the OFF button in Ekos window does nothing but produce messages down at the bottom saying "Cooler is ON."
Clicking the ON button in the EKOS window (while the cooler is already on) produces a message in the INDI window saying "Cooler is on". First time this message appears here. After this, clicking the OFF button in Ekos turns the cooler off.
The sensor temperature is now correctly displayed and updated every second (increasing extremely fast, as it goes from wherever the cooler has left it, in my case -32 (it was set for -20) to room temperature in about 20 seconds. Vert dangerous!
The two windows - INDI control and Ekos control don't seem to be communicating / reflecting the same information.
None of this shows in the log files.

Thank you for looking at this

Regards
Vlad

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_qhy_c...3957.log
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_qhy_c...920A.log
File Size:7 KB
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Vlad.
5 years 3 months ago #33389
Attachments:

Hello,
Any news about this? Alternatively, does anybody have a working qhy9 in ekos and if so could you let me know what version driver you have?
Perhaps I could downgrade the driver.

Cheers
Vlad
5 years 3 months ago #33506

Can someone git pull and rebuild indi-qhy and test this?
5 years 3 months ago #33512

• Thank you received: 0
I have the same problem...
4 years 11 months ago #39183

I got help with this from QHY directly.
A Tech from their company remote connected to my Pi and compiled the driver and library using files of their own, and lo and behold, it now works.
Needless to say I am NOT installing any updates from the PPA for this package.
4 years 11 months ago #39187

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds