INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi

I am thinking of getting a Stellar Mate. I would like to control my mirrorless camera, which is supported by the gphoto library. I have a timelapse device that controls the camera and exposure quite well, full control of my cameras is in the library and has been for over a year. However in Ekos when I select the equipment file in windows with the latest version. I see Canon, Nikon etc. But my Fuji X-T2 is not listed and no Fuji camera is listed even though it is supported in the gphoto library and has been. What can be done to remedy that? I am a newbie to Ekos but not to using my equipment.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Alan
5 years 2 months ago #33307

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok support to Fuji DSLR is added. It should be in the next nightly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Smallbone
5 years 2 months ago #33348

Thank you very much that is much appreciated. In the raspberry pi world I know how to get the updates, but until I get the Stellar Mate, I am using Windows and very new to the Ekos world. So my newbie question is how do I update the Indi library on Windows?

Thanks,
Alan
5 years 2 months ago #33391

• Thank you received: 809
The "Canon DSLR," "Nikon DSLR," etc are really all just links to the GPhoto Driver. If you just select the GPhoto driver, you should be good to go. It's nice to have it say "Fuji DSLR" but it really isn't necessary for imaging.
5 years 2 months ago #33394

Hi Alan,

I plan on releasing the next update of INDI in a few days. If you want to get it soon, you can follow the instructions here: indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html

I think I will also add a switch in StellarMate to switch between the two, or create snaps, we'll see.
5 years 2 months ago #33399

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix G9 and I'm wondering if Gphoto can support it.

Thank you,

John
5 years 2 months ago #33580

• Thank you received: 809
The following user(s) said Thank You: John R McVey
5 years 2 months ago #33583

Thanks for that link. Sadly, none of the recent Panasonic M43 models are listed and especially not the G9 which I know supports tethered mode.

John
5 years 2 months ago #33584

I see that Panasonic GH5 is now supported in gphoto. I think the Panasonic G9 should be the same control language and has the same tethering option. Still, the latest Stellarmate sotfware will not control the G9 camera. It always says exposure aborted. I should add that I'm using an Android tablet and the Stellarmate App for control of the Stellarmate device.

Thank you,

John
4 years 3 months ago #46835

Can you please enable debug logging and attach the logs? Then we can try to identify the issue. Thanks!
4 years 3 months ago #46836

Jasem,
Thank you for fast reply! I don't know how to capture logging on my Android tablet with the Stellarmate app, so I installed Kstars on my home Windows 10 machine. It seems the gphoto driver is correctly identifying my camera. When I click the "Preview" button in the camera window, I get the capture aborted message and I see some logging information in the Indi Control Panel. It seems the main failure is "it cannot find the directory" for storing the image.

I have tried various local/remote/both settings and various strings like e:\stellarmate_images (a folder that does exist on my PC), but I couldn't get past this error.

John
4 years 3 months ago #46848

Alright, we're getting there! Check my signature on how to enable logging and then share the logs.
4 years 3 months ago #46853

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds