INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with EOS80D on rpI3

• Thank you received: 15
Hi all,

i have an issue when i use my eos 80d than i don't have with my eos 1000D. When i plug my 1000D on my raspi with latest indi drivers, in remote from my laptop, it's work fine (i use also the latest kstars version). On Indi panel i have the good name (Canon DSLR EOS_1000D) on the tab.
I can use the new liveview mode with at 21 frames/sec, etc. etc... Good !

But, if i plug my 80D, only appear "Canon" on the Indi panel Tab and i have on the eos screen an error 70. the Indi driver connect to my dslr, in the "other" tab i have the good name (Canon EOS 80D) but i can nothing to do. I tryed to set the image and pixel size resolution but that change nothing.

I also tested use my 80D directly, in local, on my laptop. The starting Indi procedure is ok, no error 70 on dslr. I can do a lot of pictures but when i want use the liveview mode, i receive an message that said that : "KStars detected INDI driver indi_canon_ccd crashed. Please check INDI server log in the Device Manager.". I have the same behavior with the 1000D...

why it doesn't work on my rpi ? the USB current power on the rpi is to weak ?

In attach, the file log. Look at line 980, i have a strange message...
5 years 2 months ago #34451
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
I had a similar problem when my Canon 1100D worked fine but not a later model. I found the answer was to use the indi-gphoto driver.
5 years 2 months ago #34549

Replied by Picard on topic Issue with EOS80D on rpI3

Hi Maxchess,

thank you for your reply but indi_canon_ccd is a symbolic link to the indi_gphoto_ccd (it's a shortcut). I don't think that change something.
5 years 2 months ago #34591

I continue searching solution on my problem. I tested with an usb hub powered but nothing change.

rpi3> gphoto2 --auto-detect
Modèle Port
USB PTP Class Camera usb:001,009

it detect a camera (with or without the hub) but it doesn't detect the model.

But on my laptop :
laptop> gphoto2 --auto-detect
Modèle Port
Canon EOS 80D usb:003,005

I use the same libgphoto (last version compiled) on the rpi3 and laptop.
With the latest kstars version, on the laptop, i can do a live video at 26/27 img/s :-)

the only difference is the linux Mate version. On laptop i use the 18.04.1 and 16.04.5 on rpi3.

I'm would not do change the version on rpi3 because i must rebuild completely the sd card because i have not enought space for the automatic upgrade.

anyboby have a idea ?
5 years 2 months ago #34847

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/libgphoto2
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Picard
5 years 2 months ago #34855

Thank you Jasem.

i finished by find the problem. In fact, when i compile indi_gphoto_ccd he use the good libgphoto2 version; if i do a ldd indi_gphoto_ccd i find the good path for the library. But, after the "make install" if i do a "ldd /usr/local/bin/indi_gphoto_ccd" the library used is not the same but an old that not support the eso80d.
I only added in the /etc/ld.so.conf at the first line the path to my libraries (/usr/local/lib) and i redo a ldconfig. Now, the indi_gphoto_ccd use the good libgphoto2.
5 years 2 months ago #34862

Time to create page: 0.863 seconds