INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon DSLR conflict

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic Nikon DSLR conflict

Hi Harkant,

To connect the D750 to your computer, you just need the USB2 cable provided with your body. I suppose you can buy one on the Nikon website (?) or Ebay. if yours has been lost.
The link can't be done through WIFI on the D750, sorry.

- Marc

PS : The cable is also available on Amazon at www.amazon.com/Nikon-Computer-Nikon-Digi...id=1634479416&sr=8-3
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Marc.
2 years 6 months ago #76684

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Kaya Saman on topic Nikon DSLR conflict

Thanks for posting this. I tried to connect my new D500 today and sure I kept getting the indi_nikon_ccd driver crashed, and wouldn't startup at all.

Jasem's libgphoto fix worked!

As I already have a Pentax K1 ii with the 3rd_party inid repo pulled from Github, it was just a matter of updating the libgphoto portion then building.

The fix has already been committed to the master/main branch: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/blob/ma.../indi-gphoto/INSTALL

For now it doesn't crash and allows me to take preview images - as that's all I've tested. Unfortunately I don't have a mount yet so I can't really test it in the field right now :-(

Even though my setup is pretty much lacking everything at this point I still want to say thanks ;-)
1 year 8 months ago #84867

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Larkin Selman on topic Nikon DSLR conflict

I have used both a D7100 and D780 with EKOS with no problem. I have gifted my D7100 and use the D780 as my main personal/semiprofessional camera, leaving my D750 as my backup and astrophotography camera.

Prior to being in a position where I could revert the D750 to factory settings, whenever I would attempt an exposure with the D750, I always received the error message: "Exposure failed to save image... Unspecified error"

Since reverting to factory settings, the D750 has worked well for me. However, now that I am attempting to become more advanced in my astrophotography, I have found that when I attempt bias images with the D750, the system will acquire and save a single bias image, but will abort any further images with the same "Exposure failed to save image... Unspecified error" message. I receive a similar message with any light, or other category of image with an exposure time of less than 0.005 sec.

I have used the INDI Control Panel settings that you and others have recommended with no resolution of the problem.. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
1 year 3 months ago #89352

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds