INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY9 shutter doesn't open

• Thank you received: 1
I've been trying to get my setup going for 2 months. Almost had it two nights ago, everything except for ST4 guiding worked. Now, without any updates or changes, the shutter doesn't open and the cooling doesn't connect.

The camera takes images with the shutter closed as if they were darks (but I have selected Lights). Power on cooling shows an increase, but nothing actually happens on the camera. Temperature doesn't go down. Fan doesn't start.

Excluded faulty camera, I have tested in Windows , works fine.

Strangest thing is: this happens in all my PC. Desktop PC (amd64) and Raspberry Pi (armfh Ubuntu). It used to work with both!
I even did a clean installation of the OS, fresh Kstars and indilib installation - no use.
Normally I would have blamed the camera, but works fine in Windows.

I'm just about ready to give up on this and go back to Windows. It's just too unreliable.

Thanks for your efforts developers, I'll make sure to check every few months and see if the problems have been fixed
5 years 2 weeks ago #36292

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please make sure to inform QHY about this as well.
5 years 2 weeks ago #36340

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Vlad on topic QHY9 shutter doesn't open

I'm not sure this is something they can look into. QHY developed the Windows driver and the camera works correctly with that.
Is QHY also responsible for the INDI driver?
5 years 2 weeks ago #36344

Yes, QHY is responsible for the SDK library we use to control the camera. You should get official support for your camera under Linux, so you can contact QHY about it. I already notified them about this issue now at any rate, but it's good if you post it in their forum to keep a record.
5 years 2 weeks ago #36348

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds