INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI183MM-PRO Partial Image Download with Ekos

• Thank you received: 9
Has anyone had a problem with occasional partial image download with Ekos or Stellarmate? I use Stellarmate to run INDI server and then use an ethernet cable to my MacBook Pro to use Ekos via INDI server. I have a powered USB 3 hub. All of my images are 40.4 MB but every once in a while (average 2-3 times per night) the image downloads and it's 40.2 MB and it's a slightly smaller image. We're not talking much (5472X3672 as opposed to the full image which is 5496X3672). Just a handful of missing pixels but it's driving me mad since this throws a curveball when calibrating images ie: the 183 has amp glow and Nebulosity is saying it can't calibrate when the calibration frames are a different size than the subs. I have been using bandwidth 80 on the ASI183 and never had a problem in the past. Everything seems to work fine except for this small hiccup. I think it may have something to do with me stopping the image sequence.
5 years 2 days ago #37029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
Do you remember whether binned pictures have been taken before these corrupted ones (like for focusing or plate solving)? We had a similar discussion regarding ASI cams where pixels disappeared and it turned out to be related to taking binned pictures immediately before the affected 1x1bin ones.

See THIS thread...
Last edit: 5 years 2 days ago by Alfred.
5 years 2 days ago #37035

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds