INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5 not found by Ekos

• Thank you received: 420
Hallo Han,

The fact that the device string is not displayed simply means that the vendor and device id are not known to your system but it doesn’t mean that the device won’t work. Good job on getting the camera to work. Happy imaging!!!

Groetjes, Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #40971

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by John Robison on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

Hello,

Look for the red light on the device. When first plugged in, the light is red. For me, when I select record, the light goes out. With the light out, the messages of “No QHY product found. Is it powered on?”

I am going to attempt the fxload update. Something is shutting the QHY5LII-C to off. Under Windows the same power off happens when recording. I am fast coming to the conclusion the QHY5LII model is abandoned to Windows 7. EOL hardware is the result.
4 years 8 months ago #41021

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

I am considering buying a QHY5L-II as an autoguiding camera.
For example, this mono version .

From reading the thread, it seems to work, but requires some custom udev rules.

I installed the indi-qhy package, and the rules are in /lib/udev/rules.d/85-qhyccd.rules, which is installed by libqhy. Package fxload is also installed as a dependency.

Any concerns still?
4 years 8 months ago #41273

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

QHY5L-II shouldn't need anything out of the box. I have it here and it works just fine with the standard install.
4 years 8 months ago #41290

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Khalid on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

Thanks Jassem,

So, the rules files in /lib/udev/rules that are installed by the default packages should be all that is needed. In other words, no need for any qhy related files under /etc/udev/rules.

Correct?
4 years 8 months ago #41291

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by John Robison on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

Hello,

Yes. OaCapture, version 1.61, has several QHYCCD files. One is specific to rules. This is my source of the extra QHYCCD rule file.

The OaCapture rule file adds some good items to me. They helped get both PoleMaster and QHY5LII to be recognized by INDI. Then again, it could be source of my problems in the first place. The specific new vendor identifiers were not in either QHYCCD rule file. Both devices were 1 and not 0, 0921 and 0941.

INDI right out of the box supports both devices. I found this out when I blew up my RPI 3B+ using a different PSU. Bummer. I have a backup RP3B and the QHYCCD device were recognized.

I think mine has a dead CMOS camera. Once energized, the red light is bright. EKOS loads and my gear is recognized. The light goes out. EKOS no longer sees the device until I reset the power with a hard boot. I am use the supplied cable.
4 years 8 months ago #41306

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic QHY5 not found by Ekos

Big thanks to you. After spending hours reading this thread while playing with udev rules, this simple command solved my problems. At least I have learned something new, so those hours are not wasted :)
4 years 7 months ago #42209

Time to create page: 0.784 seconds