INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY driver in INDI Library v1.7.8 - Live View/Streaming tab not available

• Thank you received: 0
For QHY drivers in INDI Lib v1.7.8, the Live View / Streaming tab is still not available for the CCD camera QHY8L .
Indi control panel of Kstars already without streaming tab, the corresponding icon in the Ekos camera control disabled.
Am I really the only user detecting this problem?

A note: The update procedure returns the error message "Setting up libqhy (5.0.7 + r4893 ~ 201905281316 ~ ubuntu16.04.1) ...
rm: can not remove '/lib/udev/rules.d/85-qhy.rules': No such file or directory ".

Regarding to the important Funktion Auto Focus I would be very happy to get any support for solving this problem.

My system environment:
Astroberry Server (Raspberry PI 3 B), Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Desktop
libindi1/xenial,now 1.7.8~201905111153~ubuntu16.04.1 armhf [installed,automatic]
indi-qhy/xenial,now 2.4~201905111650~ubuntu16.04.1 armhf [installed,automatic]
LX200 Autostar, QHY8L-C, ASI120MC, USB_focusV3
Client: Kstars for Windows V 3.2.3
4 years 10 months ago #40209

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The QHYSDK indicates whether a camera supports video streaming or not, so if QHY8L is supposed to support streaming but is not, it's probably best to ask QHY directly to look into it. Maybe they don't support it in their SDK now.
4 years 10 months ago #40225

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Jasem, thank you for your reply.
Is it possible though that there is a bug in the QHY driver or QHY SDK as of INDI Library v1.7.6?

- Before the update to INDI Lib v1.7.6, Streaming / LiveView in Kstars / Ekos were available
for my CCD-Cam QHY8L-C
- With regard to the release message for the INDI Library v1.7.6, both the QHY driver and the
QHY SDK (from v4.0.1 to v4.0.12) have been updated
- My CCD-Cam QHY8L-C explicitly supports the Live View mode (Spec, Manual, Capture Tool
EZCAP, please see my snapshot image)
- Also the QHY-ASCOM-Driver supports Live View for my QHY8L-C
- Direct contact with QHYCCD: Registration on the QHY Forum is currently not possible "Sorry, registration is currently disabled."
- Even a new upgrade with the version of INDI Lib 1.7.9 does not solve the problem yet.

Best regards
Ralph
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Ralph Hemmler.
4 years 9 months ago #40400
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds