INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Apogee Driver - fan control

• Thank you received: 4
Hi,

I am in the process of making the switch from Windows to Linux. My current desktop is Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS and I'm running the latest 1.7 Indi release.

The issue that I am encountering occurs when I connect to my Apogee Alta U32 in Indi/Kstars. I am unable to change the CCD fan speed, and the little radio button next to the setting is yellow. I also tried this with an Apogee U47 and had the same trouble. The higher fan speeds make noise and a little bit of vibration that I would like to avoid.

I was able to control the fan using Windows 10 and the Apogee demo software using the same hardware. It looks to me like it might be an Indi driver issue.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,
John
4 years 7 months ago #42201

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just took a quick look and fixed the issue in the driver, so if you're using nightly it would be in tomorrow's build.. or you can compile from source.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starman99
4 years 7 months ago #42202

Sweet - thanks!
4 years 7 months ago #42203

Hi knro - would it work for me to update the Apogee driver "sudo apt-get install indi-apogee"? Or would I need to switch to the indinightly repository and re-install indi? Sorry - I'm a bit of a newbie with Linux :unsure:
4 years 7 months ago #42257

Right now it's in the nightly repo.
4 years 7 months ago #42263

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds