INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Gray or color ZWO ASI294MC Pro - Stacking DSS and APP

• Thank you received: 4
Why do I only see a gray image in DSS (DeepSkyStacker) and a color image via APP (AstroPixelProccessor)?
Although APP also says with file information 8b Gray photo ..
Is this normal or do I have something wrong in the INDI Control Panel.

INDI Controle Panel Screenhot INDI Controle Panel - Image Info
APP APP file Info

Through Ekos Caputer I see a beautifully colored photo after having photographed it.
Oh yes, is the sensor of the ASI294MC Pro an 8bit sensor?
Thought it was a 14 bit sensor ...

So I don't understand ...
Skywatcher Apo 80/600 EvoStar ED - Skywatcher HEQ-5 Pro SynScan GoTo - ZWO ASI294MC Pro - ( Nikon D500)
4 years 7 months ago #42435

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The images taken with an OSC (One Shot Color) camera always are greyscale images and need to be debayered in order to convert them into color images. Apparently APP does this automatically and DSS doesn’t. Ekos should also display color images since it auto-debayers the images.

As for the color depth, please check last tab in the camera tab in the Ekos Configuration Panel and make sure 16 Bit is selected at the bottom. By default 8 Bit is selected by Ekos. Make sure to save the configuration of the camera afterward.

Yes the camera is 14 bit and the images can be saved as 8 bit (so you lose data) or 16 bit (which means bits are added to every pixel value and they generally do not contain any information and do not influence the final stack).

HTH, Wouter
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 7 months ago #42436

• Thank you received: 4
ok wouter thanks for the info
I have selected and saved 16 bits.
Skywatcher Apo 80/600 EvoStar ED - Skywatcher HEQ-5 Pro SynScan GoTo - ZWO ASI294MC Pro - ( Nikon D500)
4 years 7 months ago #42437

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds