INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5 - [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

• Thank you received: 69
The only issue I have now is that Phd2 (for those so inclined) sees the camera via indi, but not with a direct connection (on an Odroid-N2 Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS kernel 4.9.180-62 aarch64). Not sure I want to break things by tinkering this time.
4 years 6 months ago #43827

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
That seems to have dome the trick on my laptop running Linux, the Canon 100D and QHY5LII-M running happily together once again. Not had a chance to test it on the TinkerBoard yet - rain stops play :-(
Equipment:
EQ6R-Pro with SW 190MN, ATIK 383L+ and ATIK EFW2, guiding with QHY5LII-M on an Orion GuideScope (run from a PC in the observatory running SGPro)
EQ6R with SW 150PDS, Canon 100D (astro mod), guiding with with QHY5LII-M on an Orion GuideScope (run from a TinkerBoard S)

Terry
4 years 6 months ago #43834

• Thank you received: 0
I am still getting this error on the latest 1.4.4 Rpi3 and Rpi4 versions. I ran software updater today, Sept. 29, on both machines and the rules file in lib\udev\rules.d was updated with the 9/28/2019 85-QHYCCD.rules. I have rebooted both machines a number of times.

My camera is the Orion SSAG. It has worked well in the past connected as a QHY. On Stellarmate, the camera is listed as QHY-M-. In the rules file, under SSAG, it says stuff like idproduct "0011" and QHY5Loader.hex.

It connects with no problems, but will not take a picture. In the camera module it says capture aborted and in another place it says GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

Do I need to run a firmware update or downgrade on the camera somehow?

What else should I be doing to make this work?
4 years 5 months ago #44057

QHY confirmed the issue in the SDK and are working on a fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerker B, Tim Roske
4 years 5 months ago #44061

There is an updated libqhy in INDI Nightly repo that should fix the QHY/SSAG issue. Can you please update and test?
4 years 5 months ago #44121

SSAG now capturing and looping images on the Pi3 and Pi4.

Thank you very much.

Tim
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Tim Roske. Reason: Update to show results of test on RPi 4
4 years 5 months ago #44125

I just updated both my StellarMateOS_1.4.4 Pi3 and Pi4 systems. Can confirm that the QHY5LII-C, QHY5PII-C, QHY PoleMaster, and QHY168C are all working perfectly. Thanks
4 years 5 months ago #44149

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

I have just rebuilt my OdroidXU4 and this new version of the QHY driver works wonderfully well.

Thank you for sorting this issue.

Chris
KStars/Ekos running on OdroidXU4 Ubuntu Mate on the Mount and RDP from laptop for remote access
Telescopes: Skywatcher ED80 & Altair Astro RC6
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5
CCD: Atik 414EX
Guider: QHY5 on Skywatcher ST80
4 years 5 months ago #44291

I can also confirm the latest driver works without issues with the QHYCDD 5L-II-M. Many thanks!
4 years 5 months ago #44371

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my QHYIMG-0H camera, it connects successfully but fails when I try to capture a frame:
"[ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1) "

These are my first tests with Indi, so I am a bit "lost" and would need some help...

I am using the last stable release of Indi, installed yesterday following the instructions here:
indilib.org/download/raspberry-pi.html

I tried with a powered usb hub, but without differences.
I tried also with Indi installed in Ubuntu, on an other PC, same problem...

I would exclude a problem with the camera, it works well with PHD2 on Windows 7.

I add some logs, I hope they could be useful.
Thanks in advance !
4 years 3 months ago #47115
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Looks like I am in the same boat as you. Both my PoleMaster and QHY5LII-C are throwing the [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1) whenever EKOS requests a image to be taken. I can see the image being downloaded in QHY logs but the driver cancels the load.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 2 months ago #47355

HI, just reloaded my system with the latest indi drivers and both my QHY5LII-C, and PoleMaster are functioning correctly.
4 years 2 months ago #47426

Time to create page: 1.777 seconds