INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Failure to take exposure with Starlight SXVR-M25C

How do the images look with the bayer? I recently submitted a fix to recognize this camera as "color" so that the bayer filter property is exposed. However, the final image looks "interlaced" and the bayer pattern does not match one captured on a PC by Maxim DL.
4 years 3 months ago #47238

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I've had a hard time finding any good information of how the bayer matrix should be with these cameras. Some forums like on cloudy nights implied that each chip could possibly have a different one (I kind of find it hard to believe).

I did have good luck with color. I made a pinhole lens with foil and a color chart with construction paper. So if for example I force RGGB and up-bottom orientation in Siril(I believe this setting used to be called kstars-ekos/pixinsight compatibility) and some white balancing, I get the attached image.

I've also taken a test image of M33 and the colors seemed pretty good this way. I've had some set backs with my setup so that is as far as I got. I hope to get back on track after all these holidays.

I'm not an expert on maxim but maybe it has something to do with the up-bottom orientation?

P.S. Edit: I believe the person who sold it, did so because they had too much trouble getting the color right. I know this is just hearsay, and I don't know what software this person was using, but it might be possible Maxim didn't have it right either.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Russell Valentine.
4 years 3 months ago #47259
Attachments:

I've maybe misunderstood your message. If your recent bayer change is in, I can try it next time I'm out.
4 years 3 months ago #47260

I took some images tonight and viewed them through the fits viewer. I took a picture of that same color chart with the pin hole setup. The colors for sure are off. I notice right off the bat red shows as green. I'll be able to look specifically what is going on with the bayer matrix Thursday evening and will reply with my findings.
4 years 2 months ago #47801

No this is my fault. I made changes to the driver to make bayer work for SXVF-M25C. So it looks like that SXVR-M25C has a different bayer pattern after all. I just pushed a fix, can you please git pull and test again?
4 years 2 months ago #47809

• Thank you received: 140
Should be BGGR...what have you used...?
4 years 2 months ago #47813

@knro

Ok using 7cc5083cc152aeaa4edc9b6fd824771945a95f60 checkout in indi-3rdparty. Red is blue and the other colors look pretty gray in the KStars FITS Viewer.

The fits file:
drive.google.com/file/d/1kevYZIeXffF76uE...MRk/view?usp=sharing

I can look into what might be happening in regard to the bayer sometime tomorrow probably.

Edit: Some notes about playing around in fitsworks4. I seem to get some good color matching in that with GGBR and this image.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Russell Valentine.
4 years 2 months ago #48276

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds