INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues with AtikOne filter wheel

• Thank you received: 0
Calling all Linux INDI
I'm having issues with my AtikOne when I connect using Ekos the camera connects but the internal filter wheel keeps rotating. This happens whether I connect using Ekos through KStars directly on the RPi or on the remote windows PC. I have tried different USB ports on the USB3 hub and USB ports on the RPi. I have tried 2 different USB cables and 2 different power leads.

I have had this problem previously. Last time I fixed it by connecting the camera directly to the windows pc and connected to the camera and cycled through the filters with the software. Once reconnected to the RPi it appeared to work. Unfortunately, this fix hasn’t worked this time. I’m a bit stuck.

The RPi is an RPi4 running the beta version of StellarMate OS for RPi4

thanks

Darren
4 years 5 months ago #44825

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks for the report, I will check it out soon.
4 years 5 months ago #44970

Great, hopefully you can shed some light on this issue, it is driving me mad.
4 years 5 months ago #44981

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, I am having the same issue. It seems to appear only sporadically. For instance, the wheel did not spin after I purged the config file. Maybe that was just a coincidence...

Cheers
Simon
4 years 5 months ago #45025

Following a response from Atik support saying they were looking into the issue but filter wheels were currently not supported on a RPi4, I decided to have another go.

I tried an unbundled usb cable plugged into a usb2 port on the RPi4. Connected to the camera only using KStars & Ekos running on the RPi4. The camera connected and found the filter wheel home position.

I disconnected and rewired the camera with the original bundled cable IMO the hub and reconnected again using KStars and Ekos running on the RPi4. Again it connected and found the filter wheel home position.

Finally I reconnected everything and opened KStars on the Windows PC, I started Ekos which made the remote connection to the INDI server running on the RPi4. Everything connected and worked as intended. Hopefully this has sorted the issue, how long it lasts is anyone’s guess until the filter wheel is formally supported with an update.
4 years 5 months ago #45032

I don‘t think the spinning of the filter wheel is a RPi 4 specific problem. In my case it happened when connecting directly to my notebook running Ekos under Ubuntu 18.04.

As said before, this problem does not occur all the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting the camera sometimes solves the problem. Deleting the config file also worked once. Any idea on how to avoid the spinning?

Thanks
Simon
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Simon.
4 years 5 months ago #45041

Back to square one, out in the observatory last night and the gremlins are back. Filter wheel continually spinning after connection.
After a bit of messing, I managed to get it working if I turn auto connect off then connect the AtikOne manually first then connect everything else. Very odd. It seems that connecting manually one device at a time, starting with the AtikOne, sorts the issue.
4 years 5 months ago #45140

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was any progress on the topic. I figured out that the filter wheel home position is properly found, when the config file was purged prior to starting INDI. However, I have to enter the correct filter names each time I start INDI.

Cheers,
Simon
4 years 2 months ago #48488

Time to create page: 1.161 seconds