INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Server can't connect to Atik cameras

• Thank you received: 1
3A psu ordered
4 years 5 months ago #44915

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
If you are using the rpi4, it really should be 4 amp...as the proper raspberry one is 4 amp...it needs it... :)
4 years 5 months ago #44918

This is just a 3b+, taking care of automation and a ciliary stuff, so 3a should be more than enough.

The Odroid is doing the imaging and has its own psu that is more than man enough according to their UK rep.
4 years 5 months ago #44924

To summarise progress, I can see no errors when adding the 16hr and so assume it should be visible to INDI/EKOS/KStars.

The psu conversation, whilst important, seems immaterial to this issue, so I'll park that for now.

Given I can reproduce this on the Rpi and the Odroid, it is doubtful that it has something particularly to do with either sbc.

Further investigations:

PHD2 guiding can't see the camera either, leaving me thinking that the issue is somewhere between the USB mounting success and the application layer. In my familiar Windows world I'd be looking at drivers and logging the handshake between the app and the OS.

Is there a way to enable verbose logging for just this element? I'm sure I saw a verbose option, but don't want to drown in unrelated data and confuse things.

Could there be something going awry with the combination of the latest version of Ubuntu MATE and the AstrPi3 scripts? Not sure how to diagnose that the install has succeeded and everything is in place correctly and accessible.

Bit stumped...
4 years 5 months ago #44939

Worked out verbose logging, seem to have this at the bottom:

"Unable to establish remote device:\n+ Atik CCD\nPlease ensure remote device name corresponds to actual device name."

Any tips?
4 years 5 months ago #44941

I'll check the Atik issues tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Sullivan
4 years 5 months ago #44972

• Thank you received: 138
Are the |Atik 16 cameras supported? These early cameras use a different driver DLL, at least in Windows. I wrote the original ASCOM driver and had to try both driver DLLs before I coulds abandon hope.

I'm still on holiday - Scotland - lovely - but will have a look when I get back in November.

Chris
4 years 5 months ago #45040

Thanks Chris, appreciate the help here, I think this has most people stumped unfortunately, given the silence on this thread...
4 years 5 months ago #45051

It seems the 16 series cameras are supported by Atik, and are in the current Core download, but some further digging leaves me thinking that the 16 series cameras don't have INDI drivers, and as they are old tech I don't see anyone with the skills having the will do take on what sounds like a lot of work.

It does seem that 16 series cameras are still supported under Linux, OACapture for example, but I have no idea how you could lever this into INDI...

So that's the end of my Linux adventure unless someone has some other ideas or I want to replace my two cameras, and given there are working Windows options I can't see why I'd do that until I can justify the cost of what is still a new hobby for me.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Ian Sullivan.
4 years 5 months ago #45091

Shame you aren't prepared to wait for me to have a look at this, but thanks for letting us know. I won't boither to do anything urgently.

Using the two driver DLLs for Windows wasn't a lot of work, the two driver DLLs had almost the same interface so it was essentially a matter of selecting the correct DLL, however you have looked at the Linux side of this in more detail than I have, perhaps it's more complex.

Chris
4 years 5 months ago #45131

Ignore my pessimistic comment Chris, was simply being a grumpy old shite during a bit of a crappy weekend for variety of reasons but I'm now back to my usual optimistic self and hunting down a solution, so would really appreciate your input.

It does seem that Atik only have the 16IC being forces to use non-core USB1 drivers, but may call them in a bit to discuss.

I really want to stick with Linux as it is a much better solution for my needs, and so if I just need to replace the 16IC for a newer guidecam then so be it.

All the best,

Ian
4 years 5 months ago #45132

I've had an opportunity to look at what's involved and from what I can see the early 16 series cameras can only be controlled if ATIK ca be persuaded to provide support in their binary driver.

The original situation, where there were two dlls, for the early cameras and the later HSC cameras, was only for Windows and from what ATIK say in their support this is now all handled in their windows driver DLLs. They don't say explicitly but it looks as if this only applies in Windows, not Linux.

It may be worth asking though, they are pretty responsive to what people want. It will depend on how difficult it is for them, these cameras have not been sold by them for some years.

Chris
4 years 4 months ago #45285

Time to create page: 0.819 seconds