INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver: Testing required

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by fmozza on topic QHY Driver: Testing required

Regarding cooling, I've had similar results to other with the latest driver release. Cooling is less stable - I've seen +/- 0.4 C variation whereas in the previous release it was close to +/- 0.1 C. I think someone should dust off their control theory textbook(s). Temperature control was solved a long time ago.

jmh
4 years 1 week ago #50936

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

INDI/Ekos do not perform any temperature regulation per se, INDI just say "Set temperature to X". If there is an issue, it's probably at the SDK level.
4 years 1 week ago #50939

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

It is well known that this is an SDK issue. I identified the buggy SDK versions in this older post in this thread
indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/6142-qhy-dr...-required/47817.html

Obviously QHY released several SDK releases without testing them. Very poor quality -- not just the software ...

BTW, I also submitted some patches to version 1.8.3 which where not considered: indilib.org/forum/development/6258-snoop...paches-to-1-8-3.html

Regards Stefan
4 years 1 week ago #50946

Replied by fmozza on topic QHY Driver: Testing required

Just read my message again - I know EKOS doesn't control the temperature. Apologies if the implication was otherwise. QHY needs to find an engineer who understand this stuff to fix. Probably won't be dealt with until the world get through COVID-19... stay safe everyone.
4 years 1 week ago #50949

What about gain, offset usb trafic, usb buffer not well memorized by indi control panel please ?
4 years 1 week ago #50952

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your responses.
I put the variation at +/- 0,5°C and now it seem to be OK.
4 years 1 week ago #50953

• Thank you received: 9
Mine is a qhy294c running on kstars 3.4.2.
After upgrade to 3.4.2 the temperature control is broken and the temperature would oscilating between 5-6 degree around the set temperature.
Sometimes if it set the temperature to requires 60-70% of 5he cooler power after 10 minutes the temperature would settle. But if I push the cooler to over 80% then the temperature and cooler power just jump around.
Example:

If the temperature set at -15 degree, it wont keep the temperature stable

If the temperature is set at -12 degree (rquire abt 63% of the cooler power) then after 10 minutes it would stablize
Please report this to QHY. Thanks for your help and sorry for the broken English
3 years 11 months ago #51499

I will report these issues to QHY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
3 years 11 months ago #51502

• Thank you received: 9
Thank you. Now, how do I revert my libqhy and indi-qhy to the previous version? I search all over the forum and could not seem to find it.
I try the latest firmware on windows via sharpcap and the problem is not there. Seems it only on linux version of the sdk. What a shame!
3 years 11 months ago #51506

Hi,

I have always issue with saved configuration. At the next session, the QHY parameter are not well recovered. Often the offset is 0 when I saved 3. Same for USB trafic. It back to 30 value instead of 0 saved.

Do I have to load a right configuration or is these saved that will be load?
3 years 11 months ago #51636

It is automatically loaded by default. Check under ~/.indi and check the values in the QHY config file there.. they correspond to the same ones you expect? Check the permission of the file.. can it be written over by you?
3 years 11 months ago #51668

Hi,

join to this message the QHY183C XML configuration file and a screen capture of the Indi panel just after connection. Curiously, the parameter USB Buffer doesn't exist in the file. The XML .default file, all the value are 30.

Thank for your support.

Robert
3 years 11 months ago #51699
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.155 seconds