INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera error with Canon DSLR while shooting darks.

• Thank you received: 19
Error while taking darks.

Today there was an unspecified error when i was shooting darks in the morning.

Can someone see what the problem was with this Logs here?

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
4 years 3 months ago #47480
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
Hey Niki,

all I can see is a "GP result -52" (gphoto error -52?). I've no idea what it means. Error -53 is USB related. Taking lights did not produce any errors/problems? If so, cover your cam and take darks as lights, that should be a simple work around to avoid the issue. You could also try a different USB port just in case error -52 is USB related, too.
4 years 3 months ago #47514

• Thank you received: 41
According to libghoto2 error "-52" denotes:
./libgphoto2_port/gphoto2/gphoto2-port-result.h:#define GP_ERROR_IO_USB_FIND            -52
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 3 months ago #47521

• Thank you received: 41
According to your screenshots (though it would be better to share the LOG txt file :-), the problem started with gphoto2 message:
[ERROR] Exposure failed to save image... unspecified error

This seems to let libghoto2/indi_gphoto2_ccd staying in an error state and as a consequence it produced subsequent libghoto2 error messages:
[DEBUG] Failed to set new configuration value (GP result: -1)
[DEBUG] Failed to set new configuration value (GP result: -52)

Is is possible that your SD card is full?
4 years 3 months ago #47522

• Thank you received: 19
The problem is not such a big deal, since its not happening often, but sometimes. I don‘t know if it has to do with darks at all, i just said, it happened whike taking darks.

I have got problems uploading the logs most of the time because they are so big. In this case 76 mb.

The sd card was NOT full. Good idea, but checked that at first.

I think there must be a little problem with the driver of the cam, because i can reproduce a total system crash with disconnecting the dslr in the indi controls. Reconnecting will crash kstars.

I‘ll upload the logs to my dropbox in the future to can support you with it more easy.

Cheers, Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
4 years 3 months ago #47547

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds