INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how?

1 month 1 week ago 1 month 1 week ago by khobar. Reason: clarification
khobar
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #47981
Is there a way to get a regular view of Nikon .NEF files on Astroberry? When I double click on any .nef it displays as a thumbnail. When I do the same with my wife's Canon .CR2 files, they come up "regular" size (for lack of a better term) that I can zoom to fit, etc.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 days ago
aargelaguet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48356
I have a Nikon d7500 also, I have done some test, check the filesize if it's small try to change file extension, from nef to jpg. In my case it is actually a jpg. There is a problem with the settings on Image Quality, I choose NEF(RAW) format from Indi control panel, but it downloads a Jpeg. I really don't know if its a gphoto o indi driver problem. There some Image Quality options that don't read well. I will try to attach some screenshots.

4 weeks 1 day ago
khobar
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48625
Hello!

File size is around 24MB which is correct for these files (and the files are fine as I move them to my Win machine for stacking/processing).

If I open the file manager on the Pi and click on any .NEF, the picture comes up as a 120x100 (I think that's right) thumbnail on a huge white background.
If I open the same file from my Windows machine, the .NEF comes up normally. Obviously different viewer (Faststone, if it matters).

3 weeks 6 days ago
mactech
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48674
@aargelaquet

I had the same issue with my D7500 where it would not save as a RAW file on the SD card and would switch the camera to JPEG. The only setting that would stick and save a RAW file was NEF (RAW) + JPEF fine

3 weeks 6 days ago
aargelaguet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48678
Good news, we have been working on a patch for libgphoto that corrects imagequality setting, for Nikon d7500, now I can save as RAW.

3 weeks 6 days ago
aargelaguet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48679
Hello!,

I have played a little bit I think the problem is with image viewer, try to open it with another program lije gphoto.
The following user(s) said Thank You khobar

3 weeks 6 days ago
khobar
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48693
Thank you - but how do I do that? I believe gphoto is used when I take shots with my Canon (for capture), but how would I use it as an alternate image viewer?

Also, I installed Digikam, and it shows up in the app menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It just sits and spins. ImageMagik I think was installed at the same time and it can open png files, but when I try to open my .NEF it errors out with some tiff warnings.

3 weeks 5 days ago
khobar
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nikon RAW/.NEF viewer "regular" size how? #48747
Okay, finally!

I found XnViewMP and it does the job!

Now I have to delete the other stuff. ;)

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds