INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi and QHY 183C [Solved]

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic Indi and QHY 183C

One day later. I install an Indigo server. With Kstars, no change, same issue. But the camera runs perfectly with the Indigo Control Panel ???????? And more, I can take pictures with the laptop only on battery without usb3 hub powered.

I am feeling a little bit alone. Help Jasem !
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by MORELLI.
4 years 1 month ago #48927
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Indi and QHY 183C

There shouldn't be a permission issue since the 85-qhyccd.rules file would correctly set the USB permission for all QHY cameras. I have the 168C and it works fine with the latest drivers. Not sure why would 183C would be any different.
4 years 1 month ago #48936

Hi Jasem,

thank for your help. Could you be more specific about your answer please ? What should I do ?
4 years 1 month ago #48937

• Thank you received: 0
I don't think either the problem are USB permissions. What I think is the QHY closed source library is trying to do something for which it needs superuser privileges. No idea what could it be. Accessing shared memory, system calls... Who knows. You not having the problem could be because of different kernel, or even different distros or releases. The fact remains that I can't open the Polemaster when running indi_qhy or qhy_ccd_test as a normal user, and that happened after an update that upgraded the libqhy version. On the other side, they happily run as root, or with the SETUID bit enabled in the case of qhy_ccd_test. No problem opening the stream or capturing frames as root. I do not have access to the hardware today, I'll try to grab it tomorrow, run some tests and dig into the logs...

You could try running kstars as root and see if that does the trick. You probably know how to do it, but just in case you don't, open a terminal and execute the following:
sudo kstars
4 years 1 month ago #48976

Thank you for your message. I try as su, but no way. At the connection I have a windows with the message "Indi driver crashed , Continue - No".
I had installed the last skf from QHY website. Now the driver crashed every time. I try to come back to the previous one.

With the previous SDK, no crash the first time, but no capture. When I deconnecte and stop indi, the indi server is not closed in memory. I lauch again Kstars, same crash as above. I need to reboot the computer.

All the computer I tested , run with the same OS, Ubuntu-Mate 18.04.3LTS. I 'll try with an another distribution as Debian.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-49-49.txt
File Size:156 KB
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by MORELLI.
4 years 1 month ago #49015
Attachments:

You are probably right, and the driver is crashing because of the updated SDK. But now it sees your camera and tries to initialize it, and that's good. I think the fastest way to get the proper sdk would be to get it from indi repository again. And the driver also, just to be sure... You could try this:
sudo apt install --reinstall -y indi-qhy libqhy

And lets see what happens then when running kstars as root...

On the other hand, I tried to run some tests and see if there are system messages related to the driver being unable to open the camera when running unprivileged, but none at all. The only I can say is that trying to run as non-root fails:
qhy_ccd_test 
QHY Test CCD using SingleFrameMode, Version: 1.00
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResource| START
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResourceInside|InitQHYCCDResourceInside   START
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResourceInside|    InitQHYCCDResourceInside   END
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|ScanQHYCCD|START
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|DeviceIsLIBUSBQHYCCD|vid = 1618 pid = 941
Open QHYCCD error
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResource| END
SDK resources initialized.
No QHYCCD camera found, please check USB or power.

The same as root, succeeds. So I'll stick with the crude shell script solution, that is working so far...
4 years 1 month ago #49044

ALELUIA ! It runs ! I installed the SDK as you say. Thank you very very very much. I can keep my computer with its real 10-hour battery life !

Robert MORELLI
France
4 years 1 month ago #49090

Glad to know you got it running. Clear skies!
4 years 1 month ago #49093

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds