INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi and Zwo camera broken?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,
Went out tonight to use my observatory and for some reason unknown to me Indi recognizes my 2 ZWO cameras but won't connect to them. I run Kstars with Ekos on Ubuntu 18.04 and up to tonight everything was working flawlessly. The ASICAP program can see and access both my ASI178 and ASI120. PHD2 can see the ASI120 I use for guiding so USB is working and is connected to the computer. . I suspect an upgrade happened but can't really figure it out. I removed and installed the latest greatest version off of Indilib.org but the cameras stayed broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!
4 years 1 month ago #48994

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Perhaps a similar issue as reported here:

indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/6326-zwo-as...t-not-connected.html

Wouter
4 years 1 month ago #48996

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic Indi and Zwo camera broken?

Just a data point....I was not out tonight, but I was out last night after I upgraded to the latest Kstars/indi SW release. I have 2 ASI cams (183mc Pro, 290mm Mini), and both worked fine. I run on a Pi4 using SM OS, using VNC from a laptop with wireless to the Pi4. I use the standard/stock ASI indi cam driver. No particular issues to note except my own telescope mount was acting a bit odd. Best wishes finding the issue. Please let us all know what you find out once it's corrected.
4 years 1 month ago #48998

• Thank you received: 0
Quick update.
Still not sure of what happened but suspect it as a possible Indi driver issue. Again I'm running Ubuntu 18.04. I have been installing from ppa:mutlaqja/ppa. I know I had just recently had updates from Ubuntu and suspect they "upgraded" Kstars and Indie for me. I removed any trace of Kstars and Indi from my computer then did a fresh install from the repository IE kstars-bleeding and indi-full and gsc. It's now back to normal Onstep mount is working and both Zwo cameras! Needless to say I'll be checking out the proposed updates before pushing go from now on!

Thanks for the help!

Wayne
4 years 1 month ago #49011

• Thank you received: 9
Latest beta build 1.4.7 on RPi4 continues to be problematic.

I can no longer choose different formats with my Nikon D7500 with the latest changes. I used to be able to use NEF JPG fine but now it errors.

Has anyone ever encountered the bug where KStars or EKOS will not respond to button click in the UI? I must hold down the control key for it to work. This happens after a plate-solve or when trying to take images with my Nikon. This bug has persisted for me since my purchase of RPi3 and build 1.4.4.

4 years 1 month ago #49019
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
I think the NEF issue should be in a separate topic since it is not related to ZWO cameras.
4 years 1 month ago #49024

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds