INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI533MC

• Thank you received: 0

ZWO ASI533MC was created by Bruce Donzanti

Setting up Ekos for the first time. I got my SX guide cam, SX filter wheel, AP mount, and SkySafari all connected. However, I am unable to connect to my ZWO ASI533MC Pro camera. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4 years 1 month ago #49119

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by Ronald Scotti on topic ZWO ASI533MC

Do you have any update on this? I am thinking of purchasing one of those cameras. Are you using ASCOM driver or something from ZWO? I have seen on CloudyNights where people use the ASCOM driver.

Ron
4 years 1 month ago #49431

• Thank you received: 139

Replied by Andrew Burwell on topic ZWO ASI533MC

The new camera drivers are imbedded in the latest version 3.3.9. However, there have been reports that the 6200 doesn’t work. My 2600 does work. So, it’s possible the 533 is also not working. Jasem is working with ZWO addressing issues with the new ZWO drivers.
4 years 1 month ago #49432

Ok, thanks for the response. I understand there are not many 6200 around as they are in short supply. I do not have any current ZWO cameras to test, I am currently using an older CCD SBIG 8300M. I would like to upgrade to a color camera, the ASI533 MC is also a CCD vs CMOS, as are many ZWO cameras; I don't know if this has any impact on how the drivers perform. I would appreciate any update on progress with the ZWO cameras and their drivers.

thanks,
Ron
4 years 1 month ago #49438

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Keld Henningsen on topic ZWO ASI533MC

The ASI533 works just fine with the newest version of Stellarmate/kStars/Ekos. I’ve used it several times.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Keld Henningsen.
4 years 1 month ago #49448

Thanks good to hear. I am running the Astroberry Server on an Rpi4, so can I assume that by performing the latest upgrade it has the same updates as the latest Kstars/Ekos (which seems to be in KDE 16.12)? Sorry, but there are a number of ways to run Kstars/Ekos and I not sure I can keep the version numbers straight. I think after my latest Astroberry update (on 1/23/2020), my Kstars version is 3.4.0.

thanks,
ron
4 years 1 month ago #49452

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Steve Crossman on topic ZWO ASI533MC

I just received the ASI533MC and it is working fine with the latest beta version of Stellarmate OS 1.5
4 years 1 month ago #49465

Time to create page: 1.026 seconds