INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Getting StarShoot Auto Guider working on Linux

• Thank you received: 0
Not really a question but just wanted to post this here in hopes of helping any lost souls who happen across this. I run Arch Linux and am trying to get my entire rig up and running on INDI (Orion Sirius EQ-G, Orion StarShoot Auto Guider, ZWO ASI-1600MM-Cool), and was having issues getting the indi_qhy_ccd driver to work and recognize my camera. I had these udev rules being loaded in /etc/udev/rules.d/85-qhyccd.rules:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1856", RUN+="/bin/sh -c '/bin/echo 256 >/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb'"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1856", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0011", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME} -s /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5LOADER.HEX"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1856", MODE="0666"
but still wasn't firing. Upon further inspection when loading the firmware (/sbin/fxload), I didn't even have fxload installed. Installed fxload (aur.archlinux.org/packages/fxload/) and unplugged/plugged the device and voila! Inspecting dmesg the camera is loaded as QHY5 device and driver populates in INDI device driver in PHD2 :)
4 years 2 weeks ago #51417

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds