INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon EOS M6 won't capture

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I am new here and new with kstars/ekos/indi. I have some success with connecting an old Meade ETX105EC and a ZWO CCD. I am now trying my EOS M6 and that fails to capture images through INDI. My older EOS 450D worked first time, but that is a large mirror shake for the small ETX.

I believe that the issues might by in libgphoto2 with bulb mode. The is a lot of intended communication going on between INDI and the M^. Only capture fails. I have set my camera to dail: M, shutter time to BULB and focus to manual focus.

Now my question is:
Is there a way to avoid using BULB mode in INDI? As capture with gphoto2 works if I do not select bulb=1.
Maybe my attempts not to use bulb have failed due to other settings?

I already have submitted an issue at libgphoto2: github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2/issues/493

I have made detailed loggings from kstar/indi of failure scenario's. I will attach more soon.
4 years 1 week ago #52034
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Does the camera save images in CR3 format? If so, it must be the reason for your issue.
Not sure about Kstars, but CCDCiel supports CR3, here are the instructions on how to make this work:
github.com/pchev/libpasraw
See the section: Compilation with a development version of Libraw

It is possible that Kstars may work too using the same method.
Alex
Last edit: 4 years 5 days ago by Alex Varakin.
4 years 5 days ago #52112

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SevenW on topic Canon EOS M6 won't capture

Thanks Alex. I checked, and the M6 is producing CR2 raws. Further checks that I did with gphoto2 seem to indicate that the setting of properties like ISO value and shutterspeed fail, before the actual capture takes place. This could be a tricky USB timing issue that only occurs for me on the HP laptop with Ubuntu I am using. My camera kind of crashes, as it takes 20-30 seconds and turning off/on twice before it recovers.

SevenW
4 years 5 days ago #52118

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds