INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik One and GP connection issue

• Thank you received: 2
Hi

Can anyone help me, I'm pretty new to this and struggling to find my way though.

I've just got an Atik one 9.0 with OAG and Atik GP as a guide Cam. I using KStars on a Mac on Kstars Build: 2020-02-23T17:20:33Z

When I set it up I selected Atik CCD for the CCD and Atik CCD for the guider, I leave the filter wheel blank.

The Atik one connects up perfectly, the filter wheel works great, the Atik GP guide cam doesn't seem to work at all.

I've tried connecting the Atik GP direct to the computer, rather than through the Atik one, I've tried only connecting the GP with out the Atik one. I just can't seem to get the thing to talk to Ekos.

Am I selecting the right device on set up? Does anyone have any suggestion I can try. I've managed to prove the camera works by connecting it up to an old PC using the Atik software, but it's no Kstars so I need to get it running here.

Thanks

Chris
3 years 11 months ago #53845

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IIRC, the Atik GP is not supported in their SDK on Linux/Mac... but you have to confirm with Atik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Stamper
3 years 11 months ago #53870

Thanks, that would explain it. Sounds like I may have a new doorstop.
3 years 11 months ago #53871

I've made some progress if I use INDIGO, I can get both cameras connected, and it looks like I can link that up to Kstars. The GP uses an IIDC compatible camera driver, there isn't that option with a different name in Indi id there?

If not can anyone tell me if I can connect the mount and open weather up via Indigo, or if I can use both Indi and Indigo at the same time (they currently try and use the same port so this maybe beyond my technical capability)?
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Chris Stamper.
3 years 11 months ago #53877

The firefly MV driver seems to work with the Atik GP so I'm hopefully back up and running.
3 years 11 months ago #54090

Time to create page: 0.890 seconds