INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for Raspberry Pi "High Quality Camera?"

• Thank you received: 10
It sounds like you are making pretty good progress.

As I understand it, the image is returned to the client as FITS when ExposureComplete(&PrimaryCCD) is used. The image buffer to write your image to is set with the uint8_t *image = PrimaryCCD.getFrameBuffer() line in the generic_ccd example. Then write your image data to the frame buffer ('image' in this case). If the parameters such as height and width are set correctly, a conversion to FITS is performed and the image is sent to the client.
3 years 10 months ago #54043
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks, that's what I am doing . But the automatic conversion I did not quite get right.
Your comment made me realize now that in earlier tests i did get converted to fits, but it was almost random noise, im thinking its a problem with big- och little endian format. The INDI spec for CCD-buffer says uint8 but not really the endianess what I could find. ..
3 years 10 months ago #54047
And yes, that was the problem. The high/low bytes of the image buffer sent to INDI was just mixed. Now its working with preview also.
3 years 10 months ago #54053
  • Thank you received: 10
Good deal. Is there any way that you could post one of your raw files?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by J. Hill.
3 years 10 months ago #54054
The full rawfile is 22M so sorry no I can't, at least not here. But think I do know everything needed not for the format. I described it the README github.com/lboclboc/indi_raspistill/blob/master/README.md

To clearify the README file a bit, the rows are in groups of three bytes. First line is repeated [Blue 8 low bits] [ Green1 8 low bits] [ Blue high 4 bits + Green1 high 4 bits << 4 ] ....
The even lines are [ G2 ] [ R ] [G2+R]

And the problem with getting a FITS-file in INDI is also working now. I just wrote the bytes in the image buffer to INDI i the wrong order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric, Jay
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lars Berntzon.
3 years 10 months ago #54058
Ive uploaded a new file now that kind of sort of works actually: github.com/lboclboc/indi_raspistill/rele...V0.1/indi_raspistill
3 years 10 months ago #54101
  • Thank you received: 0
How does one install this driver into Astroberry? I searched the Readme and if it's there, I'm not bright enough to find it.

-Jim
3 years 9 months ago #56037
I compiled the driver, but when I start it with "indiserver -v indi_raspistill" I get this error:

execlp: No such file or Directory
... driver indi_raspistill: stderr EOF

Any ideas?
3 years 9 months ago #56042
This driver is now available in StellarMate:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install indi-rpicam
The following user(s) said Thank You: James McPherson
3 years 9 months ago #56051
  • Thank you received: 182
In reading this post, I came across this website:

astronomy.robpettengill.org/astroRPi.html

The quality he was able to coax out of the rpicam back in 2016 blows my mind. Look at the image he got of Jupiter and compare that to the result he got with a ZWO. The new 12 MP camera should easily be on par then.
3 years 9 months ago #56057
I bought and installed stellarmate. After installing indi-rpicam, when I start it with indiserver -v, the result is the same as the compiled version from astroberry.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by James McPherson.
3 years 9 months ago #56068
Attachments:
I didn't figure out why I couldn't enable it from the command line, but I was able to enable it from the INDI Control Panel and then open PHD2 and start streaming images to it.

Is it still a 1 second limit for the exposures?

-Jim
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by James McPherson. Reason: Updated information.
3 years 9 months ago #56070
Time to create page: 1.212 seconds