INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for Raspberry Pi "High Quality Camera?"

• Thank you received: 1
I've found the following command line always works ok, first time, any time. Somethingabout First Mode seems rekey perhaps?
raspistill -t 1 -md 3 -bm -ex off -ag 1 --shutter 200000 -ISO 800 -st -o /home/astroberry/Desktop/long.jpg
3 years 1 month ago #66423
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 12
Yes, mode is the key probably. QRainman has provided me with lot of information so Ill update the code from this.
3 years 1 month ago #66425
OOps typo & autocorrect - meant to be "Burst Mode"!
3 years 1 month ago #66426
Oh, ok. That was interesting for sure. Ill see if I can find anything there.
Thanks, Lars
3 years 1 month ago #66429
Ok, done some testing today. Neither burst mode or hard setting a mode seems to help. Also I see that when I use raspistill to get a 5 s exposure it can take up to 45 seconds. That is really strange I think.
3 years 1 month ago #66444
  • Thank you received: 10
Yeah. That one had me stumped for a while. Seems that raspistill will go through several frames (around 7 of them) before it presents the final frame to the user. Each frame is the length of the exposure time that has been set. That is the very reason for implementing raspiraw in my driver after attempting to use raspistill.
3 years 1 month ago #66454
Did you try the raspistill line I posted earlier?

For me, as written, the image is saved after about 1 second longer than the set exposure length. ie for a 5 second it takes 6.
If I remove the -bm, it gets a little longer.
if I remove -ex off, it does indeed get very much longer.
3 years 1 month ago #66460
You mean this: raspistill -t 1 -md 3 -bm -ex off -ag 1 --shutter 200000 -ISO 800 -st -o /home/astroberry/Desktop/long.jpg
Its a 0.2 s exosure, I have not had problems with that before.
3 years 1 month ago #66525
sorry, I pasted a random line. I can adjust the --shutter right up to 10's of seconds.

That short exposure came from an experiment I did, changing the exposure length up in steps and looking at the histogram to make sure the actual image was getting stronger.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Keith Venables.
3 years 1 month ago #66526
Just to make sure, when you say the image exposure does not change. You have turned of the stretch-button in the FITS-viewer then, otherwise the stretch function will normalize the exposure, with more or less noise as a side-effect.
3 years 1 month ago #67040
Yes - that can be a distraction!

I'm finding that if I start EKOS and go straight to the camera exposure tab, change gain first to anything 1 or higher, then change exposure to something long. It will give me a true long exposure straight away, and carry on doing so for the session.

Ive found you must not touch the exposure before the gain, as the moment exposure has been entered, a test image is captured automatically, which prevents future long exposures.

The command line I gave before still continues to be 'foolproof'.
3 years 1 month ago #67041
ps:

A load of messages I tried to post a month ago, suddenly appeared overnight.
3 years 1 month ago #67042
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds