INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for Raspberry Pi "High Quality Camera?"

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated! I'll take a look at the source code and see if we can use a combination of libcamera-still for regular captures and libcamera-vid for streaming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon
1 year 8 months ago #84737
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 13
Not libcamera-vid. but libcamera-raw for video. That is my recommendation, due to speed. Unfortunately that means no preview but we get raw data and that is important.
1 year 8 months ago #84739
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi again. Thanks for all the work! Though I'm having problems when trying to make the driver from your git. I get 2 errors; have you run into these before? Thanks again.

astroberry@astroberry:~/Projects/build/indi-rpicam2x $ make -j4
[ 6%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rpicam2x.dir/mmaldriver.cpp.o
In file included from /home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.cpp:37:
/home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.h:65:18: error: ?virtual void MMALDriver::addFITSKeywords(fitsfile*, INDI::CCDChip*)? marked ?override?, but does not override
virtual void addFITSKeywords(fitsfile * fptr, INDI::CCDChip * targetChip) override;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.cpp: In member function ?virtual void MMALDriver::addFITSKeywords(fitsfile*, INDI::CCDChip*)?:
/home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.cpp:103:48: error: no matching function for call to ?MMALDriver::addFITSKeywords(fitsfile*&, INDI::CCDChip*&)?
INDI::CCD::addFITSKeywords(fptr, targetChip);
^
In file included from /home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.h:24,
from /home/astroberry/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam2x/mmaldriver.cpp:37:
/usr/include/libindi/indiccd.h:508:22: note: candidate: ?virtual void INDI::CCD::addFITSKeywords(INDI::CCDChip*)?
virtual void addFITSKeywords(CCDChip * targetChip);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/libindi/indiccd.h:508:22: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/rpicam2x.dir/build.make:76: CMakeFiles/rpicam2x.dir/mmaldriver.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:78: CMakeFiles/rpicam2x.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
1 year 5 months ago #87164
Hello Craig,

Indeed there have been some upstream changes regarding removal of file pointer, I have not used scope some time now but I did now due to eclipse.

All in all I have updated and pushed changes on branch mentioned above, should work now.
1 year 5 months ago #87542
  • Thank you received: 33
With some instructions where to get indi-rpicam2x and how to build it, maybe I could offer some help with testing?
1 year 4 months ago #87770
You can find the code in this git, and there are guides on git how to build and install. I saw Jason started on libcamera implementation, hopefully I will be able to help with that and we can forget about this implementation, but for now I still use it for guiding. Not the best option but fairly good.

github.com/Vulisha/indi-3rdparty/tree/rp...-hardcoded-2xbinning

Open Terminal and type this only first time(prerequisite):
sudo apt-get install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev libftdi-dev libgps-dev libraw-dev libdc1394-22-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libftdi1-dev libgps-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev
sudo apt-get -y install libindi-dev
And then type this in
mkdir -p ~/Projects/build/indi-rpicam
cd ~/Projects/build/indi-rpicam
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-rpicam
make -j4
sudo make install

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Outta.
1 year 4 months ago #87771
I started on libcamera, but it was too unstable. Do you think you can help with the code Outta?
1 year 4 months ago #87828
  • Thank you received: 12
I really do want to help out also since i wrote the first version but im very time constrained.
1 year 4 months ago #87829
Ok here it is: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/tree/master/indi-libcamera

It depends on both libcamera and libcamera-apps (provided by Raspberry PI OS). It would be nice if it is just dependency on libcamera, but that would take more work. One problem I encountered is that in detectCamera() We use camera manager. Because also libcamera-apps uses camera manager, this results in some conflicts where only 1 instance can be alive at a time. Despite the fact that the object is destroyed when the function goes out of scope, libcamera crashes when libcamera-apps tries again to create another instance of CameraManager.

I was able to capture from IMX219 camera just fine. This driver is in its early stages.
1 year 4 months ago #87832
Will close this so we can continue discussion on the INDI Libcamera topic.
1 year 4 months ago #87855
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds