INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help with CCD Cooler Power setting

• Thank you received: 1
I'm using an SX CCD SXVR-H694 camera. When trying to get/set my CCD's cooler using

indi_getprop "SX CCD SXVR-H694.CCD_COOLER_POWER.CCD_COOLER_VALUE"
I get a message that this camera does not have such a property. It DOES however have the COOLER ON/OFF properties.
How am I supposed to control the cooler's power or temperature setpoint? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
3 years 10 months ago #54113

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's quite odd... there is no temperature set-point control for this driver at all?
3 years 10 months ago #54139

• Thank you received: 138
Some of the early CCD cameras were like this, cooler on/off but no set point and possibly no ccd temperature. Some earlt ATIK cameras were like that. In that case the camera properties reflectd this.
3 years 10 months ago #54140

As far as I can tell, when running indi_getprop, there's no way to control the temperature setpoint. When I ran this CCD using Starlight's own GUI software, there was an option to set the temperature setpoint.
The only available properties I see for this CCD, relating to temperature/cooling, are:
  • CCD_TEMPERATURE.CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE
  • CCD_COOLER.COOLER_ON
  • CCD_COOLER.COOLER_OFF
3 years 10 months ago #54174

CCD_TEMPERATURE.CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE is used to set the temperature setpoint given that CCD_TEMPERATURE is read-write property and not just read-only.
3 years 10 months ago #54222

Ohhh ok, thank you! I'm very new to the INDI Library so I'm still figuring things out. I really appreciate it!
3 years 10 months ago #54223

Time to create page: 2.939 seconds