I'm sure this an old problem, but my old QHY5, which works perfectly under PHD2, doesn't work under my installation of INDI. Really, I wanted everything working remotely, INDI from the Web interface, PHD2 from the event monitoring interface, and my application (built in Python) sitting on a machine inside the house, warm and dry. Everything I tried has failed with different errors. First I installed from rlancaster's script on github, which seemed to install nicely (over a previous installation).
So first of all I tried the web-indi interface, which seems to work nicely, but doesn't. It sat there humming, saying server started, but no error messages. I tried the CCD simulator and QHY5.
Then I stopped the web-indi and ran directly. This gave me more progress.
indiserver -v indi_simulator_ccd
, starts nicely, but then when I try to use it with the PHD2 new equipment profile give me:
2020-07-20T16:44:01: Client 0: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:38710 - welcome!
2020-07-20T16:44:14: Client 0: read EOF
2020-07-20T16:44:14: Client 0: shut down complete - bye!
Which doesn't look right, and although it seems to connect, there is no signal, as there would be when you run the normal PHD2 simulator.
I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, INDI looks amazing, I've just never managed to get it to work.
Thanks for your help.
PS, OK I've just seen Jasem's earlier reply to another thread, the CCD simulator message is correct, but it still doesn't work and nor does web-indi. I'll do some more investigation and post the results. But the QHY5 errors still look wrong.
PPS The QHY files are:
Well this is a very one-sided conversation. Here is my update so far. I have rebuilt my RPi3b+ several times with:
Ubuntu-Mate 20.04 64bit: very slow, almost unusable.
Ubuntu-Mate 20.04 32bit: still very slow, didn't continue.
I didn't try the 18.04, maybe that would have been OK.
Raspbian (most recent release mid-2020): Seemed faster.
installed rlancaste github installation for Rpi3. Very slow and hung several times. Changed compiler flags from -j (.... -2) to -j(....-1) and then -j(.... -0). The compile finally completed with one error on weather.cpp. I didn't worry so much.
The issue with -j (which is the number of processors to use) was caused by memory utilisation. Even running at 25% CPU utilisation, memory utilisation was 70% at times. Obviously more processors pushed it even higher.
KStars, PHP and Indi seemed to install OK and I can detect hardware and loop photos, which I couldn't before. The RPi3b, seems a little under-powered, but the big lesson was I needed to upgrade Raspbian before I could install KStars/Indi etc. I should probably also buy an RPi 4. But the RPi 3b+ is still good enough. A 240 sec exposure will always take 240 secs, and a faster processor won't change that.