INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Settings for Altair Hypercam 294c

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

Can anyone advise me regarding the Gain and Offset settings in this particular driver?

I have read in several guides about the gain setting in the proprietary sharpcap or ASCOM driver, but was unable to get information regarding the INDI driver.
In the INDI control panel (and in the EKOS camera options as well) there are options to increase the gain to a maximum of 70000.
That number does not correlate with advises I found for the windows tools.

Also there is an excellent guide here for the ASI294c, which I figure must be a pretty close match, in which an optimal gain of 120-125 is mentioned.
Regarding the scale in the Altair driver (0-70k) this seems a bit low.

finally, could somebody explain in simple words what the HCG option does? I am pretty much lost on that.

Kind regards,

Jan
3 years 8 months ago #58241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you check the logs, you'd see that whatever range is there is returned by the SDK. So not sure if perhaps they use different scaling to make this more accessible? You can perhaps try 120 "gain" in ASCOM, take a photo, and then try with INDI and see which values produces the same image "analytically". It's not going to be easy, but that's one way to approach it.
3 years 8 months ago #58252

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the answer.
Does this mean the gain range is pulled from the camera by the driver or is it already in the SDK?
I will just experiment a little with the settings, but I wont use the ASCOM driver, since I really like INDI.
3 years 8 months ago #58291

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds