INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHYCCD Amp-glow control on Ekos?

• Thank you received: 9
Hi there,
I just wanna ask, how do I enable the qhy's amp glow control feature for my Qhy294c on ekos? I cannot seems to find the ampglow control setting on ekos (on sharpcap there is a setting to turn on this feature in the camera setting.)
Thanks for your helps.
Clear skies.
3 years 8 months ago #58354

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I can add this. I see three values (0, 1, 2) and it appears that 0 = Auto, you know what's the other two for? Low? High?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
3 years 8 months ago #58363

Great!
I think 1,2 maybe On/Off since the intensity of the amp glow control (afaik) is not adjustable. In Sharpcap the setting only have 3 options : on/off/auto.
Also, while you are at it. Could you please add the option to turn on/off the DDR buffer and live streaming for qhy294c on ekos? I asked QHY and they said the sdk supports livestreaming but it up to indilib to support the livestreaming. Indilib does an amazing job for DSO but no live streaming makes it next to useless on planetary.
Thank you and please notice me when you got the amp glow control on nightly build.
3 years 8 months ago #58365

Fyi. The screenshot below is the comparision of the sub taken from ekos (on the left) and from sharpcap (on the right). The one taken from ekos have considerable amount of amp glow while the one taken with shaprcap and amp glow control on is not. So I think this would be a very welcome addition for any one owns a qhy osc.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Nguyễn Trọng Minh.
3 years 8 months ago #58376
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19
Oh that would be really useful! I didn't even know that that amp glow could be turned off. There are posts at Cloudy Nights about this prominent amp glow.

As to the settings, I guess you could take a guess at what they are then let us know that you've made the change so we could download the nightly to test to see if the On/Off/Auto values are correct and report back.

If I had "one other thing" to alter it would be to change the default Gain setting of the QHY294C to 1600 - that's reportedly it's optimal setting.
3 years 7 months ago #58725

The changes have been incorporated into the QHY driver, please check them out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonny Cavazos, Nguyễn Trọng Minh
3 years 7 months ago #58726

• Thank you received: 23
This new function works on with QHY cameras?
3 years 7 months ago #58750

Excellent. I assume the changes are made to the stable build, yes?
And the only thing have to be updated is indi-qhy is that correct?
3 years 7 months ago #58756

It is not "turn off" per se but some what reduced to a more manageable level. Infact I find the 294c calibrate the dark quite well, there are little to no residual amp glow after calibrating dark frames with master dark. But less amp glow always a welcome feature.
As for the changes Jasem incorporated, I'll test them out and report back today.
You can sort of (save) the default ISO by setting it to 1600 in the device manage and go into options tabe and save the setting. Next time you connect the device it will use the iso 1600 instead of 0. Also 1600 is not the "best" ISO. It simply the unity gain where you get the ADU =1 and on the particular qhy294c sensor ISO 1600 enables the High Gain mode which make the read noise extremely low (-1e) according to QHY's specs. I find that the High gain actually not enable at 1600 but a dozen of ISO value later so setting it on 1650 or so would be a good idea. But from 1600, dual amplifier also introduce more amp glow which I am hoping it can be manage with the enable of amp glow circuit on this update.
3 years 7 months ago #58757

Only on cameras that have the amp glow circuit. You can read on QHY website specs to see if yours are supported.
3 years 7 months ago #58758

• Thank you received: 23

183M seems to be one of these
3 years 7 months ago #58759

I supposed it is. The amp glow circuit is incoporated into all mid size sensor cam of QHY from 2018 or so
3 years 7 months ago #58761

Time to create page: 1.119 seconds