INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi

1 month 1 week ago
Dirk Tetzlaff
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi #60065
I am having a persistent problem with running my QHY5III178 alongside ZWO devices (ASI2600MC is worst, problem occurs also in connection with ASI290MC and ASI Filterwheel).
Once I have my QHY camera running alongside any Zwo device it is only a question of time, until ekos crashes. Even if I only activate my Zwo camera in Firecapture, and have no active instance of Zwo in indi, ekos will crash. Log file is attached, but as far as I can tell, the log just stopped at the point of the crash.
I always had one little problem with my QHY: the video stream would not work. The window would open, even show a fps number, but would just remain black. I did not make much of it, as I mainly use my QHY for guiding, and the looping function and the single exposure function always worked as they are supposed to. As long as I operated the QHY with my Canon EOS the system appeared to be stable. When I tried to connect a Zwo filterwheel I would have crashes quite often at the start, but if I used the filterwheel only in oacapture, it would run ok. Now I have a Zwo ASI 2600MC and I just can´t get this camera to work reliably in parallel to the QHY. Running the 2600 alongside a Zwo 290MC is no problem at all.
My system is based on an astroberry running on Pi4. astroberry is most recent version.
Does anybody else have similar problems ? Any hints to get the system stable ?
Many thanks
Dirk
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago
wvreeven
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi #60082

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

1 month 1 week ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi #60102
If logs are turned off completely, it's also an issue? Appears that the QHY logging is extreme and that might cause issues.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You sonny486

1 month 1 week ago
sonny486
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi #60103
I will try that ASAP.

Thanks.

1 month 1 week ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi #60135
If you update SM OS now (assuming you switch to nightly), you should see the new KStars package with this fix.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You sonny486

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds