INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Altair video

• Thank you received: 1

Altair video was created by Jörg Schirmer

Hi there,
if I want to start a video capture with my Altair 178MM, I get the following error message in the indi controls (streaming):

2020-09-20T19:17:45: [WARNING] Can not create record directory /home/joschi/Video/: Permission denied
2020-09-20T19:17:45: [WARNING] mkpath: can not create /home/joschi
2020-09-20T19:17:45: [INFO] Record file is /home/joschi/Video/Saturn.ser
2020-09-20T19:17:45: [INFO] Starting video record.

Don't know why indi wants to create the above mentioned directory? It's already there!
Any idea how to fix this?

Greetings,
Jörg!
3 years 6 months ago #60296

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Altair video

Well, can you check permissions?
3 years 6 months ago #60336

Replied by Jörg Schirmer on topic Altair video

Sorry, it was my fault! I didn't see the notice: ".... if you are connected to a remote INDI server, then the directory must be a valid directory on the remote file system where it is saved."

Jörg!
3 years 6 months ago #60712

Replied by Heidi Ihnen on topic Altair video

Sorry to hijack a thread. I am completely new to Ekos and Kstars Have it running and love it. But I am having the same error problem when I try to record video from the live button the capture module. I get the same error as the original poster and having no permissions to create or write to the designated folder. I am running the program on my computer and connecting to the stellarmate through ethernet. I can save images just fine to the my PC. I am not saving them to the stellarmate drive. But can not get the video feature to work. Not sure how to check for permissions as you wrote to the original poster with my PC as I am the admin account. I tried running the program as Run as Administrator. Did not help. If i log into the stellarmate with VNC i can get the video to record as I am recoding directly to the stellarmate drive. But i want to use it on my PC. Where do I need to look or begin to fix the permissions issue. Again I can save all my capture images just fine with no permission issues. Thank you.
3 years 1 month ago #66941

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Altair video

So are the previous message indicated, the RECORDING must be done on SM+, but you can copy and play it back on your PC. In Windows, change the path where the file is saved to /home/stellarmate/Pictures and then any recorded videos you can access directly from Windows File Explorer (Network Share). I will try to post a video demo showing this.
3 years 1 month ago #66949

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds