INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPHOTO2 minimum exposure time and metadata.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello
For anything under a second my metadata shows the exposure time as 1/10th which is a bit disconcerting when trying to verify your data . However when making test shots at a given FSTOP/ISO i can see the images are getting darker up until the point of 1/1000th.So the software is setting the exposure correctly up until this point.

When trying to make Bias frame @1/8000 I get a bright image so unsure what value it used to expose.It was brighter than the images i made at 1/10th?!

File Attachment:

File Name: log_09-37-00.txt
File Size:399 KB

Am i to take it then that I must make these bias frames and possible Flat frames (which will also need a sub second exposure) externally to EKOS as found another post on here where knro stated that gphoto2 had minimum exposure time of 1/000th which matches my testing.
Just odd that the capture module gives you the opportunity to create calibration frames?!
What am i missing?

ILCE-7SM2 (Sony A7SII)

Thanks in advance
3 years 6 months ago #60418
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

took the camera out of bulb mode (duh its all these late nights :) )

In ekos/gphoto i was till getting a 1/10th exposure from capture mod,then added CCD information to the jpb properties which then set a 1/8000th exposure ,metadata and all.
3 years 6 months ago #60450

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,
All you need is there : DSLR

Clear skies
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by ouioui01.
3 years 6 months ago #60451

With an A7Riii it is saving "native" captures as a jpeg. Camera is 100% set as uncompressed RAW.Works ok with saving as a fits file
And it also works fine from the command line with gphoto2

My A7SII works fine either way so im prettry confident about how i have ekos set..
I have also set up and got working my canon camera but id really like to get RAW files to work on my A7RIII
3 years 6 months ago #60627

Sorry please ignore last post
3 years 6 months ago #60628

Time to create page: 1.097 seconds