INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

INDI DSLRs FAQ

5 months 4 weeks ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Topic Author
INDI DSLRs FAQ #49054
Hello Robert,

The process is more involved than that. Edit line 1579 in gphoto_driver.cpp and change it to something like this:
index = gp_port_info_list_lookup_path(portinfolist, "ip:192.168.1.12");

or make that "ptpip:192.168.1.12" .. then compile and install. Then run the indi_gphoto_ccd driver and put a break point at that link (#1579) and press Connect in the driver. It should take you there. See if the rest of the code works fine or if returns any error.

If it is indeed as simple as this, then we can add an IP address property to the driver and if non-empty then we use it there.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 5 days ago
norman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
INDI DSLRs FAQ #54821
Hello fellow community :)

I know this is an old thread, but I just landed here searching for my problem.

If anyone is having problems taking images with a Nikon Z-series, and restarting everything does not help, there is a nice little detail about the mirrorless Nikons. When you unplug the power while the camera is on, the camera closes the mechanical front curtain (I have an external power-supply instead of the battery). The front curtain stays closed after the next power-on until you manually press the release button on the camera. While the mechanical shutter is closed the camera will not take any pictures or open the front curtain from software commands. You only recognize this in EKOS from capture errors and permanent retries.

A nice side effect is, that you protect your sensor from dust when you unplug the power after an imaging session :)

Gear: GM2000, TEC APO 160 FL, ASI6200MM, ASI290MM, Nikon Z7, RPI4

2 months 1 day ago
Astrofilo66
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
INDI DSLRs FAQ #54981
I have big problems with Indi-canon, when I connect the 1300D everything is fine, but the configuration of the bits and pixels is wrong.
Here's what comes out..
Attachments:

2 months 1 day ago
Astrofilo66
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
INDI DSLRs FAQ #54982
Now instead without doing anything, it has gone to 16 bits!!!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds