Major INDI Library release v1.9.0 bring significant internal changes championed by @pawel-soja to modernize core INDI Library drivers and clients. New drivers for DeepSkyDad Flat Panel & Pegasus devices plus further improvements to PCM8 drivers.
[SOLVED] ZWO CCD ASI : "[ERROR] Exposure failed after 3 attempts. "
I was going to do some imaging last night, and did a update, compiling indilib, 3rd-party, indi-asi and my own drivers.
After this I often got this error when imaging with ZWO camera
ZWO CCD ASI xxx: "[ERROR] Exposure failed after 3 attempts. "
It happens ~equally often with my new asi 120mm-s (usb3) and my trusty asi 1600mm-cool (usb3).
Im on new HW for my indiserver / kstars, and it has been working very nice with USB3.0 going to the obsy now. In the obsy a powered USB3.0 hub connects both the 120mm-s and the 1600mm-c with USB3.0.
I was testing on monday, and had no issues, only after the update yesterday (Oct 14th), I started seeing this error.
When I try to enable debugging in Indi CP It is re-disabled. Something up with the debugging?
Anyway, I did a test just now, and got some logging from ~/.local/share/kstars/logs
The log attached is starting Kstars. Starting a looping exposure with the asi 120mm-s in the guide tab. Then starting 100 exposures with the asi 1600mm-cool
When the exposure fails, I get an error in Indi CP and in the ccd tab in ekos there is a 'spinning wheel' over the progress. If I initiate a exposure manually in Indi CP, then ekos will continue for a while, untill it failes again.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Any help appreciated
I've see this exact issue using my asi120mm-s and asi178 or asi533. I use the asi120mm-s as the guide camera. Trying the Raspberry pi 4 going to a usb3 hub and then to the cameras. (side note, I've tried otther USB configurations, but still had issues.) This configuration never has worked for me. I could never use both cameras simultaneously without timeouts.
What I ended up using a second raspberry pi 4 for the guide camera and another for the main camera, mount, and filter wheel. Doing this split has always work for me. I have always suspected that there was a driver issue with ASI or a USB driver issue with the Raspberry pi's. At one time, the Pi's had horrible implementation of USB drivers (I am sure that this has been addressed in later drivers). Going to the bleeding-edge kstars or the latest SDK never resolved this issue. I was hoping with my new camera, asi533, things would improve, but bench testing showed that I still timeout/exposure failures and many times it would loop when using a single Raspberry Pi.
If you are interested, I can give you details on how I setup the two Pi's to work with Kstars/Ekos (based upon the article "INDI on multiple devices " by Jasem . Perhaps other's have had better luck, and with those cases I would be interested in their specific configurations.
So I was testing this at home when installing this new server, and had zero issues.
I then installed at the obsy, and there was no issues. I cooled the 1600mm-c and made myself a bias and dark library with zero errors.
Then after updating wednesday I get error almost all the time.
I just tried connecting only the asi 1600 in INDI Control Panel, and setting up 100x 1s exposures, and after 4 there was a "Failed after three attempts".
Also. I have moved away from my Odroid + Raspi setup. I'm now on a ASUS PN50 4700u Octa core Ryzen7.
As of now There is no delays using indi over the internet, only direct USB 3.0 connecting the equipment to the PN50.
I was able to get GPU accelerated VNC headless to work, and there is also many other benefits to this setup
As this was working, I'm sure it should be possible to get it back to where it was.
So this problem started to get worse, and random. Then my usb3.0 ethernet adapter connected to the powered usb3.0 hub started disconnecting / reconnecting.
After opening the shrink tube covering the soddered wires from when I cut the usb cable to pull it trough the wall, It would sometimes work well.
Off to the store and buy a new usb3.0 A to B wire, and move the server out to the obsy. Now everything is 100%. Just completed 100x 5sec exposures with the 1600mm-c cooled to -25C while the 120mm-s was looping 1sec frames.
So now I ordered a new 5meter usb3.0 cable, and will make it so that I pull it trough the wall without cutting the cable. Possible making some 3d printed caps to cower the larger hole in the wall