INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5III 174 not recognized - Raspberry 4 / Ubuntu 20.04

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all,

I need some help. I've a camera QHY5III 174, used for guiding in spectroscopy.

The camera works fine when connected on a desktop PC (Ubuntu 18.04, Kstars 3.5.0 Beta, and Indilib 1.8.6).
But when I connect the same camera to a Raspberry Pi 4 up-to-date ((Ubuntu 20.04, Kstars 3.5.0 Beta, and Indilib 1.8.6), the camera is not recognized : when I start Ekos, I've a message saying "QHY camera is not connected. Power on ?"
I've the same issue with another system (Odroid RC4, Ubuntu 18.04 & indilib 1.8.6). On this system, when I run the server manually (indiserver indi_qhy_ccd), I can see an error message when trying to connect Ekos : "Driver indi_qhy_ccd: SDK not support this camera now" (I don't see the same error with the Raspberry).

The only difference between working and not-working config is Raspberry vs desktop PC and Ubuntu 18.04 vs 20.04 (by the way, I've read on this forum that the Atik driver may work only with Ubuntu 20.04... and I've another camera - an Atik one - that I must run at the same time ; which means I need the QHY work in Ubuntu 20.04).

Any idea ? Any chance it can work ?

Thank you for all what you're doing - this is amazing.

Best regards,

François (Shelyak Instruments)
3 years 4 months ago #62942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello François,

Have you tried with the latest INDI Nightly release? They also contain an updated QHY SDK.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
3 years 4 months ago #62944

I am also interested by using the new Ubuntu 20.04 on a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB. It's a real desktop version not a "light version".

So it is possible to install Kstars/Ekos/INDI.

I have also a QHY of the same series of you (462c). I will follow this post, I will try also by myself soon.
3 years 4 months ago #62947

Hello Jasem,

Thank you for the quick reaction. Yes, I did try the latest nightly build - behavior is the same.

Best regards,

François
3 years 4 months ago #62967

Wipelnard,
I confirm that Raspberry Pi 4 and Ubuntu 20.04 (desktop version) is amazing. So amazing, that I'm going to adopt it as a "Observatory main PC" !
You know what ? I did choose this setup first because it has a dual HDMI port - and I've two large screens on my desk. It works perfectly - just incredible.
(note : I use t 4Gb version).

Also : I'll work in client - server mode, and the Indi server is in another Raspberry-like module, close to the telescope.

Regards,

François
3 years 4 months ago #62968

Time to create page: 0.940 seconds